Do fast cars make us fat?

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say YES in my case.
Before I got a Corvette 5 years ago I was in the best shape of my life. Runing biking going to a gym. Since I got in to hanging out with car guys I started eating burgers, not going to the gym. On weekends insted of biking I would drive the car. So from 160LBS 8% fat I went to 180 15% fat.
Five years later I'm back in shape with 157LBS and 6% body fat. Thanks to a diet, exersize and not driving my car on weekends ;-)
I do love the car but with work and staying in shape I don't have time for it. Now with 40th BDAY in 3 years I want to enter mid-life as a fit guy with a slow car...this way I will not have to buy a Corvette or a Viper to feel young again. It would be nice to be fit, rich and young but sometimes you have take what life gives you.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been stuck at 115 lbs (6') before my Viper and am still at that number. Hi metabolism I guess, I had to work at it to consume 3000 calories a day but after 2 weeks of reaching 3000 cals I did gain almost 8 lbs.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say YES in my case.
Before I got a Corvette 5 years ago I was in the best shape of my life. Runing biking going to a gym. Since I got in to hanging out with car guys I started eating burgers, not going to the gym. On weekends insted of biking I would drive the car. So from 160LBS 8% fat I went to 180 15% fat.
Five years later I'm back in shape with 157LBS and 6% body fat. Thanks to a diet, exersize and not driving my car on weekends ;-)
I do love the car but with work and staying in shape I don't have time for it. Now with 40th BDAY in 3 years I want to enter mid-life as a fit guy with a slow car...this way I will not have to buy a Corvette or a Viper to feel young again. It would be nice to be fit, rich and young but sometimes you have take what life gives you.

You will get severe hp withdrawal after one or two days of not having your Viper anymore man :( I only had a ride in several Vipers so far and each time it felt like hell after only a few days.
Too bad you don't have time for it anymore, and also too bad I dont have the money to take it over from you or I would ABSOLUTELY do so :(

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
getting into a viper was my initial incentive to losing the 122 pounds i lost....

somewhere around 68 pounds lost I got one....then lost the rest. now im looking to lose the last couple few pounds by new years.

I started at 6'-3" & 368lbs...but still 6"-3"...lol

tarfungo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Before I got my snake, I weighed 235lbs @ 6’3”. Now, 180lbs. For me, the answer is “No". As an added benifit due to this weight reduction, my snake is also faster now! :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The deal is....my wife said start a diet or no car! I can slide in/out of the seat now with just a touch of mobil 1. This is a very motivating tool. This car is a dream of mine, and I want to lose weight to be around to enjoy it.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
No Way - I always park the Viper in the far ends of parking lots and have to walk the extra 50 yards to go wherever I'm going. That and getting out of bed in the morning have kept me at a SVELT 240 - so I'm just a little short (6'2") for my weight!

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. Junk food and lack of exercise make you fat. I think differently,I think because I'm driving such a beautiful car I want to be in the best shape possible. Think about it wherever you go in the Viper you get looks and attention you want to be in the best shape possible. I work out 4-5 days a week I'm 6'0 and weigh 215.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm with ElDiablo -- I've been driving and enjoying the Viper so much this Summer that I skipped excercising -- up about 10 lbs. :rolleyes:

But that will be gone over the Winter so that I can do it all over again next Summer! :p

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it has more to do with age. :D
I am 6'2' and in military I was 135lbs. Skinny little sh^t.

I moved to USA 14 years ago and gained first year 20 lbs. I am now 220, so must be the junk food (like YouWish said) and no/little exercise.

BUT... I do feel good everytime I take the Viper out!!!!
Does that count???

DR VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's a great thread...
Before I got the Viper,I weighed 235 at 6'2"
Finally decided to do the Atkins Diet and lost 50 lbs...went to below 180.
Maybe car did have something to do with it...who knows?

viperama

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont worry about weight... you ALLWAYS can loose weight.

It would be a bigger problem when you have a ugly face or bad character. ;)

5'9 at 185lbs and still fit small japanese cars.

tarfungo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here’s my trick to losing weight AND owning a Viper...

As mentioned above, I lost almost 60 lbs recently. I did this in about 5 months without any special diets or whatever. Just stayed away from garbage food and eat more fruit and veggies. Everything else in moderation. While losing weight I was eating Pizza and desserts and so on, just limited the amount and frequency.

Find a gym that has all of its weights and cardio equipment by a window where you can park your Viper in front of for easy viewing. This way you can keep an eye on your snake and check out the folks drooling over your car. You’d be surprised how many new friends - especially female friends – you can make at the gym once it gets around that the cool Viper in lot is yours!

About 30 minutes three or four days a week should get about 5 to 10 lbs off a month assuming you're not chugging beers and eating Mickey D's!

So you see, owning a Viper AND losing weight is all good fun! You’ll meet people, show off your Viper, gaze at your Viper for 1.5 to 2 hours a week AND lose weight!
:2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i lost 15 lbs of weight this year and dropped my 1/4 mile times by a whole tenth of a second on my turbo drag bike :) all i did was just start lifting weights and within 2 months the weight came off and has stayed off in spite of my beer guzzlin and pizza eatin ways.
i now run 10.30 @ 140 mph in the 1/4. if i was to diet i could probably lose another 15 pounds and drop my et's another tenth of a second. then if i just take my bike down to a lower elevation track i would be in the nines. :D

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know about Vipers making you fat, but take it from a dentist: Growing a beard and mustache will make your teeth ugly! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4