Double Din radio installed on 2009

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So little separation between climate control and head unit. I am not criticizing here but this looks kinda funny to me, there really should be a recess for the head unit to mount flush, this looks like it sits a bit above the trim piece. Maybe it should have some kind of trim ring?

OP
OP
T

TheOldViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So little separation between climate control and head unit. I am not criticizing here but this looks kinda funny to me, there really should be a recess for the head unit to mount flush, this looks like it sits a bit above the trim piece. Maybe it should have some kind of trim ring?

Thanks for the input. The reason the unit protrudes out a bit is because it is a full screen unit.
It needs room for the screen to open to load the DVD.
Since there are no other trim rings I would not consider that.
BillyC

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did a perfect job! lots of cutting and adding to the trim plate and countless hours of labor but it is all worth it at the end.:2tu:

OP
OP
T

TheOldViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did a perfect job! lots of cutting and adding to the trim plate and countless hours of labor but it is all worth it at the end.:2tu:

I wish I could take full credit.
I ordered the modified radio bezel, unpainted, from an outfit called Double D Mods, then installed the Pioneer myself, then painted the bezel.
If I had it to do over again, I would order the whole kit from doubledmods.com.
BillyC

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I could take full credit.
I ordered the modified radio bezel, unpainted, from an outfit called Double D Mods, then installed the Pioneer myself, then painted the bezel.
If I had it to do over again, I would order the whole kit from doubledmods.com.
BillyC

Thanks for posting the site. I was in Houston for a year and a 1/2. did not have a viper then.

Wish I was there now. winters in KC ****.

cowger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks nice! What are the three buttons where your 12V outlet used to be?

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey BillyC,

Double D kits provide everything including harness, deck with Nav, bezel, etc. Is the install easy, i.e., plug and play. And where did you mount the mic for the bluetooth? Any knowledge of the steering wheel control that they sell?

Thinking of going this route if I can do it myself. I'm not in favor of a shop doing the work.

OP
OP
T

TheOldViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks nice! What are the three buttons where your 12V outlet used to be?

The three buttons on the hide-away panel are:
Black-Nitrous gauge on-off
Red - Arms Nitrous
Green- purge button (purges out of hood scoop w/green LED's
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
T

TheOldViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey BillyC,

Double D kits provide everything including harness, deck with Nav, bezel, etc. Is the install easy, i.e., plug and play. And where did you mount the mic for the bluetooth? Any knowledge of the steering wheel control that they sell?

Thinking of going this route if I can do it myself. I'm not in favor of a shop doing the work.

The install using a kit from DoubleD would be way easier than how I did it. THe Pioneer unit required cutting metal behind the radio.
The radios that Double D supplys may not be as deep.
Anyway, the main hassle I had was removing and installing the radio bezel, because you have to remove the shift bezel as well. I made my own radio mount bracket and had to
keep testing and moving the radio. NOTE: If you do the install, use 3M blue tape on the radio face until the install is complete. It scratches really easy.
The mic and nave antenna mount easily up the dash as the wires are really small.
Also, if I had it to do over, I would choose another knobless radio, but one that had a remote.
BillyC

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The install using a kit from DoubleD would be way easier than how I did it. THe Pioneer unit required cutting metal behind the radio. The radios that Double D supplys may not be as deep.Anyway, the main hassle I had was removing and installing the radio bezel, because you have to remove the shift bezel as well. I made my own radio mount bracket and had to keep testing and moving the radio. NOTE: If you do the install, use 3M blue tape on the radio face until the install is complete. It scratches really easy.The mic and nave antenna mount easily up the dash as the wires are really small.Also, if I had it to do over, I would choose another knobless radio, but one that had a remote.BillyC
Thanks for the tips!