EIP Tuning in MD

v8huntr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It happened two years ago but I figured it's best to warn all you tuners.

I had Electromotive Tec R88(top of the line race unit) installed in my supra by Automotion in Rockville Maryland. Automotion moved so I broght my car to EIP Tuning near Baltimore Maryland. When I got there they told me Tec R88 wasn't right unit for my car and it needed to be replace with Tec II. EIP charged me $1500 in extra top of my unit to replace it with TEC II which is lower unit. I went back few days later to pick up my car and they had blown my bettom end while they were tuning my car on dyno with out wide band O2. EIP told me that installation of bottem end wasn't done right. so i gave them a chance to rebuild my engine. about 3months later car was done. EIP charged my $6000 just rebuild bottem end and they told me I had to bring cash and they would not accept credit cards. soon as I start my car I knew something was wrong but EIP told me that it's normal for cars with stand alone engine management. about 10miles later i hear this loud bang from engine bay and suddenly supra shuts off and i couldn't restart the car. So,I towed it back to EIP but EIP didn't wanted to fix my car at their cost. Few weeks later I found out that EIP did not rebuild my bottem end. they only replaced pistons and rings and charged me $6000! I heard this from one of the mechanics at EIP, he told me everything after he left EIP Tuning.

I just wanted to share my experience with this board. I hope nobody gets ripped off by EIP in tuture. EIP charged me total of $7500+ for set of pistons.

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go get a lawyer, and get one FAST.

Take the car to another shop and have them inspect the bottom end, as they can say if the parts are old or not. Then you got plenty of ammo against the company.

Simmilar thing happend with one of my camaros. The funniest thing was that I took a picture of the timming cover, and it still had all the dust/dirt on it.. I guess they were SOoooo good they could remove an old timming cover without disturbing the dust/oil
laugh.gif

Needless to say, I got plenty of jack out of that one, and the shop no longer exists.

James

OP
OP
V

v8huntr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny thing about my case is that electromotive told me to go to EIP. I wonder how many people got ripped off by EIP. I was going to get a lawyer but EIP's former mechanic told me that it's not even worth it because they go to court all the time. Is there anyways to stop these kinds of shops from ripping people off? There got a be some way.

Far as tuning goes EIP *****! How can you tune a car just with EGT? EIP told me that they tune it with 02 sensor in Tec II which is not even wide band! I'm sure this is why they blew of my engine twice.

I hope you guys can let the words out about EIP tuning. This way other car owners will not get involved with them.

EIP pistons and rings are on sale for $7500.00 CASH ONLY!