Fall Crab Feast....Saturday, October 16th, 2010

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By popular request, we have added a Fall Crab Feast Cruise this year (thank you Gus!)

Saturday - October 16th, 2010

The Viper Club of America VA/MD/DE region presents:

"Fall Cruise for *****"

No Reservations, No Pre-Payment, No Itinerary... just "Cruise for *****!"

Meeting Place: Manor Shopping Center (aka "Four Corners"), Jacksonville, Md.
Meeting Time: 11:00am
Cruise Starts: 11:30am
Cruise Destination: *****'s Crab House, North East, Maryland (link: http://www.woodyscrabhouse.com )
Cruise Distance: ~49 miles, 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Notes:
  1. There are two gas stations nearby to gas up, if needed before starting the cruise: A Citgo, and a BP.
  2. The cruise will take us from Jacksonville up to Hickory, MD; proceeding north and east on US Rt.1 across the Conowingo Dam; then onto Rt.222 for a scenic cruise along the Susquehanna River, through Port Deposit, MD and then into North East via Rt. 40 and Rt 7.
  3. Depending on number of cars, we can park in front (on the street), and/or in the rear parking lot. Should we need it, I am also going to try to arrange for additional parking at the PNC Bank (next door) which will be closed when we arrive.
  4. The room reserved has windows overlooking both front (street) and rear parking areas, so we can keep an eye on our cars.
  5. You can order *****, or order off the menu. The cost will be whatever you order plus 18% for gratuity. Please bring a check (payable to VCA VA/MD) or cash -- no Credit Cards!
  6. Please note: ***** may or may not be available depending on the weather that week, so be prepared to substitute if you were expecting *****.
  7. *****'s in North East, MD is less than 5 minutes from I95, which provides easy access to a major interstate for your trip home after the event.
  8. This cruise will be weather dependent, so stay tuned to your email, or the VCA VA/MD regional board for any last minute updates, or cancellation.

Directions to Meeting Place:
  • Baltimore Beltway to Exit 27B, Dulaney Valley Road / Rt 146 North.
  • Travel north on Dulaney Valley Road ~3.5 miles crossing Loch Raven Reservoir.
  • At end of bridge take the left fork, staying on Rt. 146, which becomes Jarrettsville Pike.
  • Follow Jarrettsville Pike for ~4 miles into Jacksonville.
  • Manor Center is on the right, entrance directly across from CITGO Station.
Please RSVP by October 13th via PM to Me or Gus Strakes (email/telephone removed to prevent spam)
Also when you RSVP, let me know if you plan to eat ***** (if available), so I can let the restaurant know.

Cruise Details:

Fall Cruise & *****

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, thanks for posting. As a footnote, for those that received the email, you can contact me directly using my email address or phone number to RSVP. If you are being notified via this post, feel free to PM me with your RSVP. I'll need to know by Thursday the 14th, so I can get the count in to *****'s. Please note that this event is subject to the weather, and as with other cruises we reserve the right to cancel if the weather is not cooperating. Unlike our big Crab Feast in June, which is rain or shine, this one is no reservations, and as a result the ***** are not guaranteed. I'll do my best to make sure there are *****, but I've been informed by the owner that it depends on the weather that week leading up to Saturday. That being said, even without *****, they have a great menu, and the Alaskan King Crab Legs there are the best I've ever had.

The cruise is about 49 miles, and some great scenery this time of year. Hope you can make it!

thaimonkee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup. Should be bringing it unless it breaks down from now until then. So how many people so far are coming to this event?

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus..do you have an address for the meeting place? Manor Shopping Center Thanks.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus..do you have an address for the meeting place? Manor Shopping Center Thanks.

There is a Rite Aid in the Manor Shopping Center, and their address is:
3463 Sweet Air Rd
Phoenix, MD 21131-1825

However, you'll turn into the center off of Jarrettsville Pike, and won't need to go to the next intersection, which is Sweet Air Rd.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish we didn't have something to do already, I would meet you guys at *****'s, it is only 45 mins from me. Maybe next year if you do it again. :(

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish we didn't have something to do already, I would meet you guys at *****'s, it is only 45 mins from me. Maybe next year if you do it again. :(

Since this is the inaugural event for the "Fall Cruise for *****", I have intentionally kept it low-keyed, but if the club determines that it wants this to be an annual event, I'll do a better job of promoting it in future years.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After trips to Hawaii, Norway and New Mexico I am ready to cruise again! I will be there and there may be a siting of an Italian Devil as well.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd really love to get a nice end of the season crab eatin session in with yall but my wife is running a 1/2Marathon in the BaltmoreRunningFestival on Saturday and i was lurred in to supporting her since also BeerWeek in the area that some friends will be at.

Have a great time everyone and crack a couple extra :spider: for me!

Last edited:

jeffdai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a great time! Hopefully the gen 2 blue/white that got pulled over with me by the rest stop on i-95 got a warning too, gave me a front tag warning.

G-Fulm

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also had a great time! It was nice meeting a lot of you. Long drive back, but it was fun.

Ill see if i got any pictures and post them up.

Till next time!

G-Fulm

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Didnt get many. But here are a few.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a great time! Hopefully the gen 2 blue/white that got pulled over with me by the rest stop on i-95 got a warning too, gave me a front tag warning.

The B/W got pulled over just as I had finished receiving my front plate warning as well. I wonder how many of us got pulled over? The Trooper was at least friendly and cool about it.

keda nupen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Greg thanks for taking those pictures, that was some good shots. Hope we didn"t scare your mom to much with our madness:)
talk to soon.

G-Fulm

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Haha, she loved the trip! I was actually surprised with her lack of yelling at me at some moves we were pulling through traffic. But in the end she had a great time and had fun meeting all you guys.

She was only upset by her hair getting destroyed by having the top down :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala