Formal Announcement: VOI 13.640HP

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw another club that was putting together an event at COTA. It was $950 each for just the track, nothing else. You had to be a solo licensed driver too (not sure what solo represents)

This track takes everything to a whole different level.

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have the flyer complete, will go out today! It will be emailed to all.

Ah heck, it's attached, you got it here first since you asked, there might be slight changes in the mailed version, but let's just get going! See you at COTA!

Its in a stickied thread above.

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George, yes meals, we are finalizing the last venue for one of the dinners, so no formal agenda yet (hence the early bird nature right now). Track days at COTA are Fri and Sat (2 groups), drag day is Thurs. We will have multiple cruise routes. For those non-drivers, we have some neat stuff at COTA and special spa treatments and shopping trips.

MtnBiker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of teasers :).

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the laps at speed, or parade laps?
Neither one really as mentioned previously. Not parade laps for sure but the Petty instructors will assess all drivers while in the cars in their particular run group. They want it to be safe for them and everyone else on track at the time, allowing each driver in their opinion to drive the safest and fastest lap for what they deem appropriate. As an advanced driver and part time instructor its important to have each driver under complete control all the time. It is not a timed event but a COTA driving experience for all.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of teasers :).

Hey John, you should mount those slicks and wheels I sold you (weather permitting) and really feel the difference out there. I will just be running Super Sports in case of rain and less stuff to carry since its not a timed event. Mark

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neither one really as mentioned previously. Not parade laps for sure but the Petty instructors will assess all drivers while in the cars in their particular run group. They want it to be safe for them and everyone else on track at the time, allowing each driver in their opinion to drive the safest and fastest lap for what they deem appropriate. As an advanced driver and part time instructor its important to have each driver under complete control all the time. It is not a timed event but a COTA driving experience for all.
Parade Laps!!

MtnBiker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey John, you should mount those slicks and wheels I sold you (weather permitting) and really feel the difference out there. I will just be running Super Sports in case of rain and less stuff to carry since its not a timed event. Mark

I just had the e-brakes relocated. I am out at TWS next weekend. Problem is I currently have no way to get the wheels to the track.

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are actually probably not using Petty, we are using a different training firm that I have used a lot in the past. They are just as safe, but less conservative (they don't deal with the general public, so they are less gunshy).

Both Dan and I have never had a great experience with the track portion of a VOI, this one we certainly will be proud of.

We will also have run groups, so we will have to go back out to the early signers and get an assessment of track experience, so we can make this more fun for everyone involved.

So NOT parade laps, and it's not timed, but they want you to have fun, and be safe. Like i said this company is rejecting the use of chicanes, so they want us to "air out" our cars.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might want to add this event on the events calendar tab for Sept. as I do not see it there. Any more news on updates and times for all the events at VOI?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper