Gauging interest: 2001 Viper GTS, bolt ons & 360 wheels

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
]
You must be registered for see images attach
[/QUOTE]

Hello All,

I'm looking at getting into a Gen 5. Let me know if anyone on the site has any interest before I post on CL, AT, eBay, etc. This car has been my baby and have owned it for nearly 5 years. This is the longest that I have ever owned a sports car (normally get something different every year). The car has been in the rain 7 or 8 times, ever. It still has some of the stickers on the inner wheel wells from the factory.

I'm the 2nd owner, purchased from a retired doctor in AZ and had the car shipped to NC. Purchased at 7,200 miles bone stock and I have added all the modifications myself and done all the preventative maintenance needed on a Gen 2.

Car currently has 15,50x miles on it. Here is a short list of items, I'm sure I'm forgetting a number of things.

360 Forged Wheels - carbon fiber inlays
Big brake kit (gen 3 fronts / gen 2 rears with new rotors and new pads this summer)
M&M headers
Random Tech hi flow cats and cat back
Smooth tubes
Aftermarket shift handle - stock one installed now.
Power steering vent tube
Power Steering bracket
New Water Pump (installed shortly after purchase of car)
Roe Clutch Mod
MGW gas cap
MGW interior pieces
Aftermarket floor mats
All fluids done - diff, tranny, clutch, brakes, motor, etc
AC serviced and ice cold
New serpentine belt this year
New rear Nitto tires this month ($1,300) - fronts on national back order - Falkons ($450) - will add Nitto fronts as soon as they are available.
1/2" lowering caps.
New OEM tranny and motor mounts.
Carbon Fiber vinyl stripes - easily removed
Black side and rear decals added by me. Have a new set as well since RJ's sent me a set that had some blemishes.
I have a box full of paperwork from the original owner, video cassette, receipts, etc.

Title in hand, looking for a quick sale. $44,500 or best offer. Feel free to send me a PM and I can send you my cell phone number if you would like to talk.

Bring your own wheels and tires and I'll knock off $3,500.

Thanks for looking!

-Marko

(Please do not low ball me with offers for $35k. I know there are some early Gen 2's that have been sitting / neglected that are purchased at that price. This Viper is enthusiast owned and maintained. It needs nothing...just get in and drive.)

Some pics from last year @ the old house:

[/URL]

If you don't like stripes... here is what she would look like:

M&M Headers:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Luck on your sale. I hope you sell for your asking price. I have a 2006 that i have been offered less than your asking price.

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment.

First pic is from the Biltmore mansion.... We had a VOA event there last weekend.

The headers, exhaust, brakes and wheels come to $15k to reproduce, so I won't give the car away. If someone wants a stock GTS that needs tires, fluids, water pump and pulley, I'm sure they can find one cheaper and do all the maintenance on their own.

I won't be heart broken if it doesn't sell as I really love the car. I'll just add a Hellcat to the garage once they come out and make this my track car. I'd love for this car to go to an enthusiast and enjoy it as much as I have.

I'm open to offers, just not giving it away.

rschiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much of a horsepower bump do you estimate you got with your mods? Also, will stock wheels fit with the bug brake kit?Thanks,Rick

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much of a horsepower bump do you estimate you got with your mods? Also, will stock wheels fit with the bug brake kit?Thanks,Rick

Rick,

I can dig up some of my old dyno sheets... The last time I had my car dyno'd at the VOA event at Mayhem it put down 433 rwhp and 473rwtq. (Same dyno has shown as high as 440 rwhp and 480 rwtq with enough time to cool down.) Stock numbers were around 420 rwhp and 456 rwtq. Biggest gains were under the curve, not peak numbers.

I am fairly certain that stock wheels will fit with the BBK as I have seen others with the same kit use their stock wheels.

For example:
http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/3663-Viper-Big-Brake-Upgrade-Gen-2-Viper

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Rick,

I can dig up some of my old dyno sheets... The last time I had my car dyno'd at the VOA event at Mayhem it put down 433 rwhp and 473rwtq. (Same dyno has shown as high as 440 rwhp and 480 rwtq with enough time to cool down.) Stock numbers were around 420 rwhp and 456 rwtq. Biggest gains were under the curve, not peak numbers.

I am fairly certain that stock wheels will fit with the BBK as I have seen others with the same kit use their stock wheels.

For example:
http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/3663-Viper-Big-Brake-Upgrade-Gen-2-Viper

Good luck with the sale.

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here is one of my dyno graphs from Mayhem...believe this was from 2013?

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is one of the first dyno sessions...stock, except smooth tubes and K&N.

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members