Gen1 Performance Parts - Sell with Car or Part Out?

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My job situation is changing and I'm going to be unable to spend time with the car for a while. :( I'm debating selling the car, rather than leave it in the garage without getting used. I'd like to get some opinions on pulling the performance parts off vs selling them with the car. I think I've got a powerful, N/A setup that is very drivable. It's great for driving around town to the car shows and doing a weekend DE. I've not seen many Gen1's with a good performance package out there. I think it's great, but I wonder if the market is better for the parts or for the complete working setup.

Here's what I've got on the car. I replaced several components while I had the heads off, since I was in there already. I've not dyno'd it yet, but I'm going to shortly. I figure that I'm around 550RWHP, as I was 490RWHP before the last heads/CAM work. I've got all the parts to take it back to fully stock, although there's a lot of work in doing it for the heads/CAM.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Base Car-

'95 with ~39K miles, Red, no accident history, I'm 2nd owner. Owned it since 1999

Parts beyond stock.

- 18" Gen2 OEM Wheels
- 18" SSR track wheels with Toyo R888's
- Aluminum Radiator upgrade
- ROE Facia cooling duct
- Gen2 Center Fan
- Gen2 water pump
- Brake Ducts
- Stainless Steel Brake Lines
- Gen3 Front Brake Kit (DBB Kit)
- Tom's 40mm Rear Brake Upgrade
- Aldan adjustable shocks & springs
- New stock and poly control arm bushings
- Upgraded front sway bar and poly bushings
- Poly motor mounts
- New Steering rack
- Power Steering cooler
- Carbon Fiber Airbox
- 65mm Throttle Bodies
- 3" smooth tubes
- Greg Good Ported & Powder Coated Intake Manifold
- 1.7mm T&D Rocker Arms
- Greg Good Ported and Shaved Heads (Flowed 310 CFM intake and shaved to approx 10:1 compression)
- Comp CAMs pushrods
- New lifters
- Greg Good Spec'd COMP CAMs CAM
- New Oil pump and timing chain
- New Rear Main Seal
- Edelbrock Headers 1 3/4"
- 3" Exhaust with High Flow CATS & Morso/Magnaflow muffler combo
- Vec3
- Magnacore Wires
- Gen2 Red Top injectors
- MSD Fuel Pump Booster
- Catch can Assembly
- Lightweight Flywheel & High Performance Clutch
- New Slave Cylinder
- Short Throw Shifter
- Short shifter handle with Viper Ball logo
- Autoform roll bar (I've gotten a lot of positive comments about the fit on this. Most non-viper folks assume it's stock.)
- Autoform hard top and windows (I've also got the stock soft top that I never use)
- 1" Seat Lowering kit

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IMO Gen Is are more valuable stock. We'll celebrate 20 years of Viper in 2012. You would probably sell the parts for decent money.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will always get more $$ if you part out the upgrades.

X2 You've got a great Gen I but all those parts on a 39K Gen I won't net alot unless you find that 1 buyer looking for this set up.

If you decide to part out let me know about the GG heads, intake and the headers. good luck, Mike

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang