General Owners Concensus on the Gen 5

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at trading for a Gen 5 GTS..Owners let me know what you think about the newest Viper Good ,Bad Anything,lol.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i still have the 2010 ssg acr in the wrapper. i sold the used one with 4k on it in the spring. i will send you a pm.

dmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Incredible car. Super tight handling and the interior is really good. The seats could be a little more comfortable but hey they are designed to keep you in place.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.......................it seems as though the people that actually bought the gen V love it, have no regrets, and think it's killer.

The non-buying, complain about everything tire-kicker dudes are the ones that think the gen V *****, and was a major fail.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1,700 miles on my 2013 SRT Track Pack, nothing but positive reviews/comments here. It is my 5th Viper (Gens 2, 4 and 5) and my favorite so far. Incredibly fast and well-handling with a ton of modern convenience, touch screen, blue tooth, etc. I think you will be impressed/happy with a purchase/trade... Good luck! John

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just hit 3,00 miles. no complaints...well maybe one. still tight for head clearance for someone 6'3" with a helmet on. have to slouch down real low to be comfortable

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An incredible car at a fantastic price. It is by far the best generation Viper so far. My prior Vipers were a Roe supervharged Gen II GTS and a Woodhouse/Paxton supercharged Gen III. Both were great cars. This one is even better.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put 10,000 miles on my 2013 in 1.25 yrs of ownership. Excellent ownership experience. Traded it in for a 2014 TA last week.

Tony

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car is what I consider to be perfect. Great power, unique styling, and a ton of creature comforts. The radio/nav system is great and the 18 speaker stereo is great for a factory system, with good bass and treble. I love the stereo controls on the back side of the spokes, and the back-up camera helps a ton! The car has hill assist which may sound unnecessary, but I really appreciate it on my steep driveway. A/C blows ice cold, the thick steering wheel is very direct and the car responds instantly. Shifter is very short compared to the older cars and the leather is very high quality on the Laguna package cars. I have people touch the leather when they look in my car, as it is completely different from the cheap (or fake) leather in my old 2008. This car will surprise you in a ton of ways, while still making it the most practical Viper yet. I smile every chance I get to drive it, and yearn to be back behind the seat when I reach my destination. You will LOVE it!

Bryan Savage

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like mine very much, but still have a tough time driving it smoothly. I think the clutch take-up is WAY too close to the top of the pedal travel.

And I am NOT impressed with the panel fit. The paint is absolutely gorgeous, but some of the panel gaps are Just. Plain. Crap. The kinds of details that only the nit-picky owner would notice, but seriously, a lot of my lines aren't consistent and it bothers me.

And I've had a check engine light on for 2,500 miles for an EVAP leak that the local dealer (not High Performance) won't clear, and the closest qualified dealer (80 miles away) has a Viper tech that doesn't work weekends, which is the ONLY time I have free.

Other than that, I love this car. People break their necks to watch it go past. The look, the feel, the sound.... I just want to drive all day long.

It is not perfect, and maybe for six figures it should be closer, but I don't mind. It freaking rules.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an LE with 2k miles now and like it more today than when I got it new. compared to my gen3 vert (which I love), it is no contest as the car is better in every single way other than two (only two) points and that is seats are not as comfortable and it is not a vert. If you have had prior gens, it really is that much better in paint, fit, interior, electronics, drivability, performance, looks, etc. No brainer if in the market for this type of car and appreciate all of the aspects described, yet still maintains the Viper extreme persona.

If you want tame, not the car. If want delicate, not the car. Extreme is the word that comes to mind.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finished my second summer with it. Definitely the most underrated super car in the market today. The car has challenges though. One of them is service. Some owners wouldn't trust the average dodge dealer to put air in the tires. The other is quality control issues. And they haven't been limited to early builds. Overall to have exclusivity, high performance, a manual V10, side pipes, in a hand made exotic for 5 figures is winning.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car's fit an finish and panel fitnment was/is perfect. I even measured the gaps. The precision and uniformity of the assembly was a surprise after being used to the level of same on my former Gen II and Gen III. The fitment issue did improve considerably after the initial few months of production. There was a learning curve at Connor. So some of the early 2013s have better panel fitment than prior Gen's but not as good as later 2013s and 2014s. If someone wanted to have this adjusted by a high end body shop, they could do so if it bothers them. It would not be that hard to do.

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your reviews but I will Not be able to come back into the Viper world. Cant even get close to getting what I want for my Scuderia and I tried a few dealers but its all the same,very low numbers on a trade. I want to thank everyone for their help in locating some great Vipers and giving their time to help me. A great bunch of guys on this forum.Long live the Viper! Kevin

Cameron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree on height issues. At a legit 6'5 I found myself slidding down on the seat.. But did the cheap mans lowering kit and although the seat is now stationary the extra inch is worlds better.. At least that is what the wife says.............

jjrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
new viper owner...LOVE it... i get as much thrill from it as riding my s1000rr.... almost...
none of my other cars engage me in the driving experience as much as this car.... (P TT, nsx, etc...)

venom, can't you clear it with a simple OBD II reader ?

jR

mblgjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like mine very much, but still have a tough time driving it smoothly. I think the clutch take-up is WAY too close to the top of the pedal travel.

And I am NOT impressed with the panel fit. The paint is absolutely gorgeous, but some of the panel gaps are Just. Plain. Crap. The kinds of details that only the nit-picky owner would notice, but seriously, a lot of my lines aren't consistent and it bothers me.

And I've had a check engine light on for 2,500 miles for an EVAP leak that the local dealer (not High Performance) won't clear, and the closest qualified dealer (80 miles away) has a Viper tech that doesn't work weekends, which is the ONLY time I have free.

Other than that, I love this car. People break their necks to watch it go past. The look, the feel, the sound.... I just want to drive all day long.

It is not perfect, and maybe for six figures it should be closer, but I don't mind. It freaking rules.

This. 4k miles. Exact same sentiments (and EVAP problem).

Car is a spectacular driving machine. Super easy to drive overall, checks all the boxes for being a badass. Bite the back of your hand body shape/silhouette in person! Everyone looks at it, it has the supercar aura about it for sure.

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2014 White/Black/Gunmetal stripes GTS coming my way in about 2 weeks!!!!! Thanks for your thoughts guys, this will be my 5th Viper!!!:)

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is an awesome series of events. Potential buyer is serious about the car, asks some questions from owners, gets useful feedback and then makes the purchase. I think that is how the forums are supposed to work and congrats!

2014 White/Black/Gunmetal stripes GTS coming my way in about 2 weeks!!!!! Thanks for your thoughts guys, this will be my 5th Viper!!!:)