GTS Value Depreciation/Appreciation?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To the original poster, if you're that paranoid about a Viper purchase, maybe you'r really a Miata guy.

hey dont make fun of Miatas.:nono:
but they are actually somewhat relevant to this thread because of how well they hold their value.

99-02 miatas can be had for 5000-7000 and once they get down to 5K the depreciation basically stops.
Even the gen1's 94-97 in good condition can still sell for 4-5K.
There will always be a market for a cheap roadster:2tu:

I bought a 99Miata as my steppingstone to the viper for a few reasons.
-It handles similar to a viper (50/50wieght distribution, RearWheelDrive, LowCG)
-It is very reliable and cheap to maintain/fix
-I owned it for 2 years, raced the hell out of her(autocross), daily drove, drifted, the works. Then sold for 500bucks less than i paid.

I owe part of my viper success to my past miata, Who would have thought?:)

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...continuing the hijack:

99VPRGTS , not posting any details about yourself, loccation, car, ect...
then going on a rant about who you are is not cool.

You are ignorant to the fact that you are bringing down the value of all our vipers by coming on here and telling someone that is ready to buy a viper for *** that it is worth far less. He would have paid what he thought it was worth. That would have been the market value. Now you(and others) have changed his mind and he is now low-balling a fellow viper owner bringing down the effective market value.
When given the choice of catering to noobs OR supporting existing owners i chose to suport my viper family.
I think all of are vipers are Priceless.

Update your profile.:)

I will update my profile. I wasn't trying to low ball the Viper. But 40K for a 97 is more than 99.9% of Viper owners would pay unless it was extremely low mileage. Thats all I was trying to say. I would be pissed if I came on a site with experts on Vipers, had everyone tell me that 40K was a good buy, only to find out a month after buying the car that I could have got it for 7K less!

Last edited:

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No personal attacks will be accepted.

I have dealt with you before already, you are on a short rope.

Last edited by a moderator: