Headlight assembly adjustment

Coder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to adjust the entire headlight assembly? I've got a 97 GTS and noticed that both of my headlights have a small gap in the outer corners of the lights. I'm thinking about raising it up slightly. I've noticed that some of you have it and most don't but those that do, do not have as big a gap as I do. Thanks!

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I've seen, there isn't a mechanism for adjusting the whole assembly. Looks like just trying to get to the bolts that hold it down are a real pain.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes,Coder you can adjust Headlamp assembly BUT you have to remove the front Bumper[fascia] to gain access to the four nuts that hold assembly in place!! They're shims beteen the Headlamp and were it mounts. You can adjust all four cornners. take a picture before you start! It will help later!
If you get stuck doing it you can give me a ring here at the Dealership and maybe I can give you some pointers.

OP
OP
C

Coder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got out of my meeting and already have a solution. Thanks guys/gals you're the best!

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I missed this post before....but it can be done--EZ. Remove the plug in the fenderwell. Remove the foglight. With the right extension/socket you can loosen the nuts that retain the headlight assembly. I changed the entire assembly on my '96 that way, and adjusted one on my 2000 in the same manner. If memory serves me, there are 3 studs on the housing itself pointing straight down....and nuts with captive washers thread on from underneath. A flashligh and mirror help alot, and you have to work by "feel"...but it's a whole lot better than removing the fascia.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang