HELP 16"rims dont fit 2001

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HELP 16\"rims dont fit 2001

tried putting on a set of purners on my 2001 but the banjo bolt rubs against it. Some are saying to try the stop tech brake lines but when i called them they said it works for a 17" rim but they are not sure about a 16" rim. i have already shaved down my bolt to almost nothing but that doesn't work. should i have my caliper machined? or try the stop tech lines and shave that bolt down??

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: HELP 16\"rims dont fit 2001

Trent -- don't panic, it's a well-known and solvable problem. APEX for one has a fix -- machine the calipers and shave the bolt head -- as I'm sure do a number of other tuners.

OP
OP
F

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: HELP 16\"rims dont fit 2001

what was dodge thinking when they redesigned the rear caliper???
they knew not to many tires where available for the rear of the viper especially an 18" I am not argueing that bigger calipers are nice but the placement of the banjo bolt is ridiculous! treynor i was trying to avoid having my caliper machined down because of the integrity of the caliper being deminished.i was also looking at the option of machineing the brake line fitting, but that doesn't look to be a good idea.well i'm taking my caliper to a machine shop and see what they can do.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21