help 1994 rt/10 engine rebuild or buy used one

brukowski85

Viper Owner
Reaction score
a mechanic told me i have a broken camshaft and a rod but he didnt take the motor out and apart..i have been getting quote on new engines from viper parts ,x2 and Don Scharf Auto had some form 3200 to 4500 and viper parts larry had a rebuilt one form mopar fully dressed for $5000..chuck tator told me he can rebuild it from 4000 - 8000 and he cant give me exact price without opening it up or a local guy for $7700 and he'll warranty the rebuild for 3 years unlimited millage ..im not to educated on vipers got one a couple of years ago and need some advive on who to buy from and trust..i know chuck tator is the best choice cuz he is the viper god but i got the car from money from a deployment dont have a great job so money is a issue for me and im planning to join the viper club does any of these vendors give discounts when i do??

V

Venomiss

Since you already talked with most of the suppliers I'd also call some of the tuners like Doug Levin to find out if they know of any engine or how much to rebuild yours too?

They can also recommend someone to work on it and price.
Depends on how much $$ you have and is it worth keeping this Viper or selling it as is and buying another one maybe?
It is a buyers market and might save you some time and $ buying another one.

Just ideas-good luck with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte