HELP, 2000 RT won't start

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HELP, 2000 RT won\'t start

The engine turns over but there is no ignition. The alarm doesn't work either. A fresh battery was installed today as this car has been sitting on the showroom floor for awhile. When resynching (batteries in the fob have been checked) the system does not respond, ie no horn beep. We are disconnecting the power at the + under the hood waiting five minutes and trying again. Beyond this, any suggestions?

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: HELP, 2000 RT won\'t start

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">You can't resync the fob's if the alarm was activated and not reset. Did you use the key switch in the "between the seats" glove box to reset the alarm?</FONT f>

Rich Carlson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Paul, what are you doing at the dealer, looking for a new "Snake"? If they haven't been able to start the vehicle yet, try this: 1. Turn the ignition switch to OFF. 2. Ground the Pin 1 of the Data Link Connector. (Its a green wire. The connector is located on the left kick panel by the door opening) 3. Turn the ignition switch to RUN. 4. The EEM (Electronic Entry Module) should acknowledge that you have entered the programming mode by flashing the Security LED. Now you can program the key FOB's by pressing both buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds. A sucessful programming is acknowleged by a triple horn chirp. After you do the first, then do the rest of the FOB's. Hope this helps. If not, let me know. BTW, I will be out of town until next Sunday.

OP
OP
P

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks guys! Disconnecting the electrical connection at the + under the hood and waiting five minutes before reconnecting was all it took. Joshua Miles at South Pointe Dodge in Austin is bringing a dealer Steel Grey RT to Viper Days tomorrow and it needed a little dust blown off. I'm honored when a dealership is interested enough in supporting the Viper Nation's events to give us VCAer's a call after hours when their in house tech isn't handy. Our thanks to all the dealers and members of the Dodge family that make the Viper experience what it is.

Rich, our chief Viper Tech out of town till next Sunday? I hope nobody spins a half shaft at Viper days tomorrow. Thanks again guys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtoce1