1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP PLEASE Viper Family I just bought a 1500 miles on it 2017 Viper ACR

Discussion in 'New Owner Questions' started by Jake's Viper, Jul 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jake's Viper

Jake's Viper Viper Owner

HELP PLEASE Viper Family I just bought a 1500 miles on it 2017 Viper ACR, Drove it for 1000 miles and the engine threw a rod and SRT does not want to honor the 5 Year 60,000 Mile Powertrain Warranty and the car is Spotless with basically 2,500 miles total on it!!!!!!! HELP PLEASE, does anyone have a good contact at SRT that will help, I've been getting the run around now for 4 weeks!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  2. steve e

steve e Viper Owner

Is it the dealer or Srt , just so you know most dealers suck, you have to go over there head for anything.

Jake's Viper likes this.
  3. Jake's Viper

Jake's Viper Viper Owner

Thank you Steve, unfortunately it is a bit of both, I spent 45 minutes on the phone today with one of the higher ups at SRT and may have some movement to get something worked out, I'm supposed to have a response from SRT within the next 48 hours. I will update this post as soon as I hear back.

4. steve e

steve e Viper Owner

It should work out, after all the car is still under warranty, its a shame you have to go through such grief, best of luck with it.

5. redtanrt10

redtanrt10 Viper Owner

Hope it works out for you. Numerous owners have posted denied engine claims on the other forums. Did you check the oil level or did the dealer say it was low on oil. Most common reason for denied claims. Good luck to you

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2019
  6. steve e

steve e Viper Owner

Dodge will give any excuse they can think of, but the real truth of the problem is from day one, the engines were not properly prepped before assembly, the oil galleries had crud in them, which in time wipes out the rod bearings, it is to bad an American car company will try to snake out of there screw ups.

7. rschiltz

rschiltz Enthusiast

Hi, any update on your situation?

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Enthusiast Staff Member

You having the same problem?

9. rschiltz

rschiltz Enthusiast

No, I was just curious if he got resolution to his issue.