Help with 1997 Radio Bezel

ViperBrockway

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just order a new Radio Bezel part number 0KS79MX4AB from a dodge dealer and its not the same color as the rest of the GTS dash. The new Bezel is almost two tone, with the trim piece that goes around the radio being much more grayish then the black rest of the bezel that goes around the shifter. Could someone verify that the part number is correct for the 1997 GTS? All numbers printed on the back of the new plastic bezel are identical to the old bezel I am taking out. Any help that anyone can provide is appreciated.

I paid a lot of money for this bezel and am a perfectionist, the reason I am replacing the old on is because some of the plastic finish has been rubbed off. I just know every time I get in my car I am going to look at this radio bezel that is not the same color as the rest of the interior :mad:.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vendor for dodge may have switched since '97. If possible, could you post some pics? Maybe try one of the parts vendors here on the site.
I just order a new Radio Bezel part number 0KS79MX4AB from a dodge dealer and its not the same color as the rest of the GTS dash. The new Bezel is almost two tone, with the trim piece that goes around the radio being much more grayish then the black rest of the bezel that goes around the shifter. Could someone verify that the part number is correct for the 1997 GTS? All numbers printed on the back of the new plastic bezel are identical to the old bezel I am taking out. Any help that anyone can provide is appreciated.

I paid a lot of money for this bezel and am a perfectionist, the reason I am replacing the old on is because some of the plastic finish has been rubbed off. I just know every time I get in my car I am going to look at this radio bezel that is not the same color as the rest of the interior :mad:.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the parts catalog (copies for 1992-2008 cars are in the Illustrated Upgrade forum) the BEZEL, Instrument Panel for a 1997 GTS (Coupe) is part number KS79MX4AB. There was only one color option listed - black.

OP
OP
V

ViperBrockway

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, I plan on calling Chuck in the morning. The part number is only listed on the box and is not printed in the plastic on the back of the bezel. I am worried the part number on the box is correct and the wrong part was put in the box. I will try to get some pictures tomorrow in the sunlight to show the color difference. The difference is not night and day, I can just tell the second I look at it though that its not original.

SA HEAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen when I used a cleaner that stripped the paint/coating off. Ask Jon B about your problem....he has them in stock and should be able to help answer your question.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang