HID fogs.......anybody out there with fuses blowing???

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the RT from Jeff(twinviper)not too long ago, who took the car in on a trade. It came with the HID headlights and fogs. The HID wiring that the previous owner had done to the car was horrendous. :shocked: The car came with the A/F controller (Roe Racing) and whoever did the wiring/connecting really did a number. Looks like a rat's nest. I have had a viper tech (great guy) come over to the house in the evenings and he has been working on the car on his free time (has not charged me a cent for labor yet :) Parts are all at dealer pricing/employee pricing. Had to replace the driver's side door harness as it would not open from the popper or the inside latch.

Everytime the HID fogs are used, the fuse blows. Now, the fuse is a 20. Do we need to use higher fuses with the HID setup or should it work fine with the 20?
He is in the process of rewiring it but we thought we would see if anybody else had similar problems with the 20 fuses with the HID fog setup. Thanks for the assistance.

Bindy

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll give some input, but first let me add on to your rant. How can you spend all the money on a car like a Viper, a car that will go down in history as a classic for sure, and then do horrible work to it? I mean you cannot call someone who wanted HID fogs so badly that they did not even care how the wiring was done anything other than a ghetto rice boy. And darn it that has no place on a Viper (can you tell I have found some scary stuff on my own car in the two months I have had it? :mad: )

That said, although one of the rice boy blue halogens in my low beams shorted out, melted the conenctor and blew the fuse, the HID fogs are fine (although I might dump them for vents since I am not a "fog light kind of guy"). So yes HID fogs can work. Thank you for letting me rant.

OP
OP
V

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the rant Phoenix. I don't blame you. It is amazing that this owner did this to the car and could care less as to how the wiring was done. Amazing folks out there.

On your fogs, what fuse are you using? Is it the 20 or do you have something higher. Thanks.

Beautiful car you have there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4