How will SRT-10's be distributed to dealers?

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How will SRT-10\'s be distributed to dealers?

Will dealer allocations for 2003's be based on number of confirmed orders with certs that the dealers receive in Jan/Feb?

Or will allocations be based on past sales and other "usual" factors for determining allotment?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: How will SRT-10\'s be distributed to dealers?

If I were to guess, and that is all this is, it would be this: Those with certificates will be able to go to any dealership and that dealer will be able to fulfill it. Even if they have never sold a Viper before. Now, as Dodge reserves the right to produce them in any order they wish, they could very well "allocate" the order of production based on previous factors such as past dealership sales, previous allocation, etc.

I would then guess that once the certificates are accounted for (remember, they will know by February 28th or very shortly thereafter), the remaining production will be distributed just as it has in the past. So, if 1000 cars are actually ordered as of March 1 (note that not all certificates issued will be used) and the production run is targeted at 2000 cars, that leaves 1,000 to be distributed under the established allocation method.

That would be my guess. Anybody else?

Chris

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chris, that sounds like the direction Dodge would choose to go. The truth is that at this time no exact plan has been approved, but my GUESS would be that an actual plan will be in place between April and May?

OP
OP
V

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The reason it would be good to know this before actually placing an order is that I would like to know how much leverage I have. If a dealer is going to get a set allocation of cars regardless of how many customers with certs that dealer gets to place orders, then we cert holders will not have as much leverage as in the scenario where a dealer gets allocation based solely on how many customers with certs they have.

N2 Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Once you have your certificate, would it be possible to place your order through a Chrysler dealer, or does it have to be with a Dodge dealer??

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Venom,

I think Dodge will have to allocate the cars according to where the orders are - ignoring the current allocation program. They have said that all cert holders will get their cars before any non-cert holder, so if someone like Woodhouse has 100 cert orders, and a small dealer has 1 non-cert order, they have to fulfull all the Woodhouse orders before fulfilling the non-cert order.

How will the 2003's be allocated? I dunno. I think Dodge would LIKE to be fair and give them to the most "worthy" folks first, but I think determining that would be a nightmare.

*IF* they give preferential delivery to anyone, it would be based on large groups - i.e. they're not going to make a list based on exactly how long you owned your car - that would be an organizational nightmare. I would *GUESS* that they might deliver to VCA members first, or perhaps to VOI attendees first?

Like Steve said - no plan has been approved yet - I HOPE those in-the-know will tell us when a plan is put in place.

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Whatever the process chosen is, you will still not make everyone happy. I do beleive that current Viper Club members that have an order in with their dealer of choice, will see their Vipers first. Those who have been supportive of Dodge Viper and the VCA as members should be given top consideration in my opinion.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would bet that delaer with orders will be on a lottery. I would love to see the bigger Viper dealers that have been involved in Vipers, and specialize in Vipers would get preferred treatment...but don't bet on it. Also, it is my understanding that a dealer MUST have a trained Viper technician in order to sell/order a Viper...so just "any" Dodge dealer can not order one.