10 years ago this community changed my world...thank you and Happy New Year!

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2014 Gen V TA had set the Production Car Track Record at Laguna Seca, the journalists reviewed it in September, and forum members here helped me big time to decide to pull the trigger based on their experiences with their 2013 SRT and GTS models. But only 6 of 159 were allocated to Canada, and they were all sold! A CAAP worker on these VCA forums reached out to offer his help, put me in touch with the CAAP plant manager who escalated it up to others at SRT. Long story short, a cancelled order for a Black TA got built to Canadian spec for me, and I've enjoyed it for 10 seasons and over 93,000 kms on road & track! What an outstanding car!

SRT, the plant manager and Ralph were unbelievably accommodating all along the way, allocating the car to the dealer of my choice, holding production until April to avoid shipping with the R-compound tires in the dead of winter, actually building it as the last of 159, gave me the full concierge treatment before it was a thing, surprising me by making it a 1 of 1 with a couple of details before that was a thing, and invited me to the IMSA race with a VIP Pass where the SRT #91 & 93 GTLM cars, and Ben Keating's GT-D cars all had podium finishes at Mosport!

This is an exceptional community of enthusiasts, and I've tried to give back to the community ever since. I joined the Viper Club of Ontario as soon as I took delivery, became a club director, then its VP, and P soon after. We've grown to be the largest regional club next to the Viper's birthplace by extending the same welcome and passion to all other owners.

If any of you live in or around Ontario, or are coming to visit our province, I'd like to welcome you as our guest to a club event...we have over 50 on our calendar for 2024!

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year, and may we always be a passionate, welcoming and supportive community! And special thanks to all those here who helped. Go Viper!

Cheers,

Bruce Hadfield
[email protected]

Attachments

• 20230716_190408.jpg
    20230716_190408.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Peter Kater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce... That's one crazy story!
And I just love it!!!!
As much as I appreciate the enthusiasm of our whole VCA community.
Everyone here just has Viper venom running through his veins, you can tell!
Happy new year to all of you guys!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bruce H.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very Cool
Thanks guys. I know most of you from this and the other forums as having been hugely supportive of the community, and I thank you all for that!

It's no surprise to hear from those who have been such incredible assets to the Viper Community, and have invested an unimaginable amount of your time helping members with countless helpful posts and reference quality threads, with the Viper Registry that was a labor of love and a Viper Production reference masterpiece that thousands of members and enthusiasts who have enjoyed countless times, and for being the most valued, reliable and respected source for Viper parts and equipment since Dodge originally helped form the VCA. JonB, how did you ever find time to help establish the VCA and at least one regional club...and post over 10,000 times?

I'm sure you're all greatly disappointed that one of the once very popular community forums has become a read-only archive. We all need to encourage the use of these forums as a technical resource for the benefit of all club members and non-members.

Our Ontario club's Board now selects members who have gone above and beyond, and contributed in ways that have made substantial and lasting valuable contributions to our club. We present them with our club's Outstanding Contribution Award. If a National club ever did the same, you gentlemen would richly deserve one!

Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year!

Bruce Hadfield
Viper Club of Ontario

Last edited:

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Kind words, however…. I spent hours reading through years of posts and the the ones who made me grin are the average owner helping with what seems to be some pretty simple questions. With out reservation question after question asked and then answered with kind words, thoughtfulness and clarity. Before the groans, I for one recognize character and personality as a positive. The contributions seem to be limitless and come from every corner of the world. Adding in the experts, factory support, vendors, builders, racers just made it better. As a community, you, the ones who have invested your time, money and soul in the Viper regardless of who may or may not pay dues and to whom, “You” are the soul of the community. It will always be what you make it. I’ve met, talked to or communicated with many very cool people over the years. Just have fun, make friends and enjoy the day.

Humbly
Jeff

OP
OP
Bruce H.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, it's the soul of the community I'm concerned with losing as I see it being drained away by the behavior of the few we trusted most to promote and protect it, and by the inexplicable defense by others who are actually also trying to protect it.

You've well-defined who and what the Viper Community is, and I hope it will reject the efforts of those who try to divide and define it otherwise.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala