Improvement to Cone Install

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a method to keep the cones out of the hot air stream. The plate is .125 aluminum, note, there is a 2" kick that gives the cones the required clearance and allows the plate to remain exactly horizontal. If you install N2O the plate really simplifies the mounting of components

The 2" kick is not needed on a Gen I, however, the plate will have a slight rise. If someone wants a plate for a Gen I, I have a plate, just pay the shipping.

An added benefit to the plate is the improvement in cooling. The area behind the Viper radiator is a high pressure region. This does not allow for full air flow thru the radiator. For a full explanation of this problem see Sean Roe's web site and the details on his fascia kit. I can't guarantee it will work on every Viper, however, I had cut the relief in the dam and had not added the underbody plate (part of Roe's kit), when I put the cone plate in the temp dropped a full ten degrees. The plate altered the air flow and improved the cooling properties.

Jack B
96copyofplatewon2o.jpg

96copyofplaterwn2o-med.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Jack B on 07-07-2002 at 09:35 AM</font>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine