IN/KY VCA Mtg/Cruise/Tour...April 11, 2009...Four Roses, Lawrenceburg, KY...

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

The April 11, 2009 meeting HAS BEEN MOVED!!! We ARE NOT MEETING AT Lincoln Square, Westfield, IN.

The NEW TIME and LOCATION for this cruise/lunch/meeting/cruise/tour is complex!!!

We will plan to meet in the parking lot of The KingFish Restaurant (also called "KingFish Zorn"), 3021 Upper River Rd, Louisville, KY...at the intersection of Zorn Ave. and River Road. This is the site of our recent Feb.14, 2009 meeting.

KingFish Restaurants » Restaurant Locations & Contact Info

For the Central and Northern Indiana members (and the Central Northern Illinois members), the route is pretty easy...I-65 South to the Ohio River...get into the RIGHT lane Southbound on the I-65 Kennedy Bridge early so that at the end of this bridge you can make a right turn off of I-65 FOLLOWED by an IMMEDIATE LEFT turn on to I-64 EAST...staying in the LEFT LANE so that you can (very shortly) merge onto I-71 heading NORTHEAST toward Cincinnati...then, in a couple of miles...OFF of I-71 at the Zorn Ave. Exit (Exit 2) ...go NORTH on Zorn Ave. to River Road...KingFish is right there ( 3021 Upper River Rd., Louisville, KY).

PLAN to be in the parking lot between 10:30 -11:00 AM EDT...as we hope to be SEATED by 11:05 AM.

We will eat here, have a BRIEF meeting, and leave by 12:15-12:30 PM EDT...departing for the Four Roses Distillery in Lawrenceburg, KY.

WE NEED TO BE PARKED at Four Roses by 1:45 PM EDT since out tour starts at 2:00 PM EDT.

This is a beautiful facility with a great gift shop...and a very popular stop on motor club tours. Here is a link:

Four Roses Bourbon

From Louisville: I-64 east to exit 53, US 127 south, 14 miles to Hwy 513 west, turn right, one mile to the distillery

From Lexington: US 60 east to Bluegrass Parkway, west to exit 59B, 1/10 mile to Hwy 513 west, turn left, one mile to distillery.

IN/KY VCA "convoy" radios are the FRS type (such as the Motorola Talk-about)...set to Channel "5", Security code "0"...use they if you have them.

Need info or help???

Indiana folks...Contact Jim Robertson or Steve Fess.

Kentucky folks...Contact Jason Mattinson.

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The TIME and LOCATION for SATURDAY'S cruise/lunch/meeting/cruise/tour is complex!!!

We will plan to meet in the parking lot of The KingFish Restaurant (also called "KingFish Zorn"), 3021 Upper River Rd, Louisville, KY...at the intersection of Zorn Ave. and River Road. This is the site of our recent Feb.14, 2009 meeting.

KingFish Restaurants » Restaurant Locations & Contact Info

For the Central and Northern Indiana members (and the Central Northern Illinois members), the route is pretty easy...I-65 South to the Ohio River...get into the RIGHT lane Southbound on the I-65 Kennedy Bridge early so that at the end of this bridge you can make a right turn off of I-65 FOLLOWED by an IMMEDIATE LEFT turn on to I-64 EAST...staying in the LEFT LANE so that you can (very shortly) merge onto I-71 heading NORTHEAST toward Cincinnati...then, in a couple of miles...OFF of I-71 at the Zorn Ave. Exit (Exit 2) ...go NORTH on Zorn Ave. to River Road...KingFish is right there ( 3021 Upper River Rd., Louisville, KY).

PLAN to be in the parking lot between 10:30 -11:00 AM EDT...as we hope to be SEATED by 11:05 AM.

We will eat here, have a BRIEF meeting, and leave by 12:15-12:30 PM EDT...departing for the Four Roses Distillery in Lawrenceburg, KY.

WE NEED TO BE PARKED at Four Roses by 1:45 PM EDT since out tour starts at 2:00 PM EDT.

This is a beautiful facility with a great gift shop...and a very popular stop on motor club tours. Here is a link:

Four Roses Bourbon

From Louisville: I-64 east to exit 53, US 127 south, 14 miles to Hwy 513 west, turn right, one mile to the distillery

From Lexington: US 60 east to Bluegrass Parkway, west to exit 59B, 1/10 mile to Hwy 513 west, turn left, one mile to distillery.

IN/KY VCA "convoy" radios are the FRS type (such as the Motorola Talk-about)...set to Channel "5", Security code "0"...use they if you have them.

PLAN TO REFUEL BEFORE ARRIVING AT KingFish !!!!

REMEMBER: This is a CRUISE...NOT a race!!!

Need info or help???

Indiana folks...Contact Jim Robertson or Steve Fess.

Kentucky folks...Contact Jason Mattinson.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235