Installation of my Sean Roe Supercharger

S

SUN RA KAT

Tonight is the second night of working on my Viper and the installation would have been completed except for the fact that FedEx dropped the box the supercharger came in and bent the intake tube to the supercharger from a nice round "O" to a "D". It was bent in a little over an inch. I will call Sean Roe in the morning.

The installation other than that has gone remarkably smooth. It may be a DYI (Do It Yourself Installation), but it really needs at least 2 guys to do some of the work like lift the hood off of the car and carry the supercharger and put it in place on the intake manifold.

My Viper Tech thinks that we can bend the pipe back into a round shape by applying muffler shop techniques of hit 'til it fits.

I really want to be A-Vipering I'm A-Going this weekend if at all possible.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drop her on short term Kenny, and then get an OEM spec minus the ball peen hammer mods from Sean. Of course FedEx will pick up the tab!!
smile.gif

First one to offers congrats, I'd love to plan a cruise over to check it out, and give us a ride to solidfy our 'need' for one over this way!

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenny,

Just a note as you document the procedure. It is possible for one person to complete the job. Even though removal of the hood will give you more room to work, it is not mandatory. The supercharger is heavy but not impossible to put in place by one person. Dave Jenkins completed my install without assitance from others.

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am very interested what you and others are doing to avoid detonation.
Will you rely on the VEC1/MSD solution?
Will you install Sean's engine management system when it is ready?
Will you go to a motec solution (way high priced)?
Will you install some other engine management system?
Will you run 100 octane for the life of the car?
Is it not an issue with cars outside of California (91 octane restriction)?

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ditto that, but forget about using back saving techniques by yourself,ive done two with hood on, but as i was setting blower on all i could think about was if my back gives out do i save my back or the blower(stupid question,taking to long to get these things i can always get a new back)
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About taking off the hood: It is soooooooooooo easy. I was as afraid of it as the next guy, but when I took out the 4 bolts and pulled it, it was cake!

Also only takes a few seconds to do.

Well worth it. Loosen the bolts, grab a neighbor, and it'll be off in less than 30 seconds.

Just my .02...

JD

OP
OP
S

SUN RA KAT

Started the first time!

Didn't take much to reshape the dented pipe. A lot of help and a lot of "help" showed up to finish the job of getting the supercharger completely installed. No engine check lights came on. Took quite a while to get all the air out of the cooling system & since it wasn't nearly as exciting as finishing the installation of the supercharger, only my Viper Tech and myself were left to burp the baby.

The hood still needs to be put back on & my Viper Tech will do that at lunch tomorrow and then drive the Viper to the dealership where he works for me to pick up. He took it for the first test drive tonight without the hood and it ran great.