Installed Batcave activation switch

BLKSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It may seem a little hokey on a 85K Viper, but I needed to do something with the ugly garage opener, and this seemed mild compared to my motorized ashtray (covering the Start button) on my C-5 vette.

8415button.jpg
:)

jcmacsrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi blksnake,
Did you wire it into the wires for the map lights that come out behind the rear view mirror?
Thanks,
JC

OP
OP
B

BLKSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will take a picture tomorrow- I wired the V-1to the back of the mirror

The only down side is that there is power on all the time so I need to remeber to turn of the V-1 after driving. The power drain is so slight that if you forget to turn off the radar there is no real consequence.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will take a picture tomorrow- I wired the V-1to the back of the mirror
The only down side is that there is power on all the time so I need to remeber to turn of the V-1 after driving. The power drain is so slight that if you forget to turn off the radar there is no real consequence.

BLKSNAKE your batcave button install looks very stealth! As for a power source for the V-1, why not run the power cord to the cig lighter and it'll work on the ignition thus powering the unit only when you're driving. It really doesn't take that much more time wire it up this way. No more having to remember to turn off the V-1 when you park your ride and more importantly turn it on when you head out.

OP
OP
B

BLKSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BLKSNAKE your batcave button install looks very stealth! As for a power source for the V-1, why not run the power cord to the cig lighter and it'll work on the ignition thus powering the unit only when you're driving. It really doesn't take that much more time wire it up this way. No more having to remember to turn off the V-1 when you park your ride and more importantly turn it on when you head out.

SnakeEye,

I am always a little hesitant to remove trim pieces if it can be avoided as each time they seem to get a little looser (especially GM trim pieces!!) - when I looked at running the wire for the radar it seemed that I would have to remove/force trim to get the Radar to my perferred position (just to the left of the mirror)- so I went the easy route. Of course a week later I was already pulling trim parts to get to the auxillary power port for my Red Button.:):)

I agree that it would be more convenient to have the power source switched- but I got used to the procedure with my vette-

Ooomph

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks cool! I look forward to seeing how you wired everything. I've been thinking about switching to the V1 but I'm used to not having a wire and your solution would work great. I've got a cordless passport now and I'm used to not having any wires hanging down but I'm not overly impressed with the passport (already sent for repairs <1 year after purchase...).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302