Installed Xmetal TB not idling properly

vipercanada

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed an Xmetal TB, Its awesome once the cars warms up but having trouble idling upon start up, Any ideas? thanks

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gasket leaking somewhere?? take it back off and check location of gasket maybe,

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive it around a bit, go through a few warm-up cycles before you mess with it .... give your PCM a chance to adjust to the increased air flow.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
May also need to check your IAC. It is suito-adjustable as if you loosen the screws, you can turn it ever so slightly. Also - the throttle blade isnt getting stuck by chance? Mine was perfect on the bench, but was sticking after I mounted it. I loosened the screws and re-torqued in a different sequence and no sticking.

I have had two intermittent issues since I installed the X-Metal TB: 1) Idle hang - every once in a while, the idle will hang at about 1000 rpms before adjusting down. 2) Low Speed bucking. Almost like the old Gen 1 bucking when the throttle bodies were not synced.

ACPERFORMANCE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hook up some sort of scan device so you can read the tps setting. Sometimes the tps will need a bit of filing in the holes or massaging to get it to the desired setting. Shoot for .73-.78. You may find it is in the .53-.58 range.
Filing and setting your TPS could cure your whole problem. Gary at X-metal makes a good product.

Todd

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235