K40 Radar Detector

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking of having a K40 installed on my viper, and I wanted to see where other VCA members have theirs installed/mounted. I currently have the K40 in my SL55, and the installation looks and performs flawless. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

SFYellow

Suspended
Reaction score

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had K40 Front and rear in my GEN 2 not worth the money.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it needs to be upgraded, it will be a PITA to do it for the newest technology. If you want to upgrade the V1, you can send it in. If you want to upgrade teh Bell/Passport products, you can just buy the newest detector. The K40 was hardwired into the car, so I would have to buy a whole new system($600+) to be updated and then install it.

OP
OP
F

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No pun intended, however I believe some of you misunderstood me.

I have a Valentine hardwired in my Viper. I already have the Valentine in all my cars, except my benz (k40), I like the set up in my benz, and therefore, I want a similar set up in my viper. I was not asking for opinions on which system is better.

I was asking how other VCA members have their K40 installed/mounted in their SRT Viper, and hopefully, I would come to conclusion on how I want to have it installed. I’ve seen these on numerous lambos, Ferrari’s, etc. However, I am asking specifically regarding the SRT10 Viper.

Thanks once again. :headbang:

Loreto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the K40 in my SRT. My tech mounted the unit behind the front bumper between the engine/fan and bumper. The indicator light is directly on my stearing column. Very clean and neat, completely not noticeable. Works fine

OP
OP
F

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the K40 in my SRT. My tech mounted the unit behind the front bumper between the engine/fan and bumper. The indicator light is directly on my stearing column. Very clean and neat, completely not noticeable. Works fine

Awesome! Can you post some pictures!:)