Kw users quick questions

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
are the kw-s adjustable on compression and rebound?

The KW'2 have one adjustment nob on the top. I think It will adjust both at the same time. You can not fine tune rebound and compression separately like on a Moton or others

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good info thankyou--- he is sold out right now!!! that was a great deal he had.....

Yup, don't forget to try JonB either for a used set! Just remember, the ACR spec'd shocks are valved specifically for the ACR. Add in the fact that the spring rates are super stiff, you will regret it on a non-Aero'd car (I went that route and sold them a week later!!) Plus, trial and error on adjustment settings is a pain in the ass for sure, and once I got the KW V3's, I soon realized how overwhelmed I was, and how I didn't know the correct info to make the proper adjustments.

If you go with new KW V2's, give him a chance, as he beat out every other vendor I spoke with when I was shopping.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks! for alls input i gues the best way for the street is a kw2 for my coupe set up

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MAN this concerns me! I had my 06 SLAMMED and it rode fantastic with the Motons. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on these KW's next month. I just bought a used 04 and it rides like absolute Dog****. I couldnt believe someone would lower A Viper like this. I can only assume the guy who owned the car before me did the Eibachs but my ride is terrible (And I like a firm ride). Looking at the post below it looks like the way to go is to click them full hard or close to there. Please post up after you have done this so I know if it fixed the problem or not. If it doesnt, I dont know what I will do since my ride is so bad now and they no longer make Motons. I hope this fixes your problem!:usa:

I bought the Kw's v2's about 3 months ago. When I installed them I put the setting on "6" out of 12 settings. I have the ride height really low also.

Now the question I have, Im trying to get rid of the "Bouncy" feel when im driving on the interstate. I feel every imperfection in the pavement which then can make the car feel bouncy. When I had the stock shocks and eibachs it felt the same way.

If I turn the setting to "softer" I will probably get a softer ride but will I be bottoming out everywhere because I have the ride Height so low.

Has anyone with the KW's really dial these things in for street driving yet? Sure I could make some adjustment then drive it but damn its easier to just ask on here..:) If nobody has I guess I will report back after doing some adjustments and then test drives. Thanks

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, don't forget to try JonB either for a used set! Just remember, the ACR spec'd shocks are valved specifically for the ACR. Add in the fact that the spring rates are super stiff, you will regret it on a non-Aero'd car (I went that route and sold them a week later!!) Plus, trial and error on adjustment settings is a pain in the ass for sure, and once I got the KW V3's, I soon realized how overwhelmed I was, and how I didn't know the correct info to make the proper adjustments.

If you go with new KW V2's, give him a chance, as he beat out every other vendor I spoke with when I was shopping.

Jon B will take care of you and definitely go firm as Ryan ("Hank") put it..... I am 3 clicks from full firm and would probably go one more firmer.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so go stiff on the kw 2,s ? are u talking about those or the kw 3,s

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got KW2's for my 08 Vert from JonB and have ridden on them for 2 full summers now, so here's my notes.
Mine have 18 positions to adjust rebound, instructions are to first set the shocks full hard, by turning CLOCKWISE, and then going back to middle position #9 try it and readjust from there. At #9 the car felt fine overall, then I tried the softer #11 the car became bouncy and bottomed out on big bumps so I readjusted to #8 and like it there, not harsh at all and I did 3 'easy' track days this summer with no issues.
After reading the above posts, I may go a few clicks harder, turning clockwise, and see how it feels.
From my notes, Spring rates are :
Stock Vert : Front 210*, Rear 525*
ACR : F 514, R 1085
KW2 : F 365, R 685

For height, I adjusted just low enough not to scrape, about 1 1/2 finger clearance above tire to wheelwell.

You must be registered for see images attach

Front
You must be registered for see images

Rear
You must be registered for see images

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B called me today with a great deal on the KW2's if anyone is ready to pull the triger you should call him. I didn't have a chance to call him back but they are out of my current budget for now. Everything I have heard is to not use the ACR take offs unless you change the springs or they will ride rough as hell.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the $995/set adjustable coil-overs from Vipair??? Quote: "Height adjustment, comes with Eibach Race springs, Lowering Caps, Threaded Sleeves, Locking adjustment nuts and spanner wrench."
Sounds great and the price is certainly more attractive than the race shocks. But can a quality coilover shock be sold for $250 a pop? I know I've purchased a few Koni's for less than that, but not coil-overs. Saw them at vipairperformance.com (a supporting vendor for the forum).

Last edited:

venomous06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Something to think about... Next season I would see were Viper Days will be close to you. Archer Racing will be out there and I would get them to do an aggressive street alignment on it along with weight and balance the car. I did the KW install myself on mine and roughed it in then had them do the final alignments and balance. Was TOTALLY worth it!!! Just my .02

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the $995/set adjustable coil-overs from Vipair??? Quote: "Height adjustment, comes with Eibach Race springs, Lowering Caps, Threaded Sleeves, Locking adjustment nuts and spanner wrench."
Sounds great and the price is certainly more attractive than the race shocks. But can a quality coilover shock be sold for $250 a pop? I know I've purchased a few Koni's for less than that, but not coil-overs. Saw them at vipaiperformance.com (a supporting vendor for the forum).

I ran them on my 03 for about a year. Great product for sure, but since they utilize the stock shocks (which is why they're so reasonable), there is only so much they can handle...particularly when they're not operating in their intended range. Knowing what I know now about my KWs, I'd continue saving....

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MAN this concerns me! I had my 06 SLAMMED and it rode fantastic with the Motons. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on these KW's next month. I just bought a used 04 and it rides like absolute Dog****. I couldnt believe someone would lower A Viper like this. I can only assume the guy who owned the car before me did the Eibachs but my ride is terrible (And I like a firm ride). Looking at the post below it looks like the way to go is to click them full hard or close to there. Please post up after you have done this so I know if it fixed the problem or not. If it doesnt, I dont know what I will do since my ride is so bad now and they no longer make Motons. I hope this fixes your problem!:usa:

I will absolutely update this as soon as it stops F^%&ing raining here. I will keep the car at the ride height I have it at which is 1 1/2 finger in back (maybe) and dont think I can get a finger in front. I will put them to full firm which on my KW2's is about setting 12. To recap i have them set at "6" with a aggressive street alighment and the car rides very bouncy but does not bottom out at all even on big dips on freeway (which I thought for sure it would).

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Something to think about... Next season I would see were Viper Days will be close to you. Archer Racing will be out there and I would get them to do an aggressive street alignment on it along with weight and balance the car. I did the KW install myself on mine and roughed it in then had them do the final alignments and balance. Was TOTALLY worth it!!! Just my .02

I like your idea. will see if I can make it any better myself by playing around with rebound.

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds great and the price is certainly more attractive than the race shocks. But can a quality coilover shock be sold for $250 a pop? I know I've purchased a few Koni's for less than that, but not coil-overs. Saw them at vipairperformance.com (a supporting vendor for the forum).

This would not improve ride quality. There are a few options out there if just looking for ride height, but Im looking to improve ride quality and fine tune the KW's for the street.

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1Dumpedviper

Im sure I can get the ride better. I would have bought the Moton's if the ride quality was going to be this different. I didnt want all the adjustability of the Moton for a street car, and my skills..lol But like I said I would have spent more for the motons if this is the case. Lets hope for some fine tuning on my KW's

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1Dumpedviper

Im sure I can get the ride better. I would have bought the Moton's if the ride quality was going to be this different. I didnt want all the adjustability of the Moton for a street car, and my skills..lol But like I said I would have spent more for the motons if this is the case. Lets hope for some fine tuning on my KW's

You will be pleased when you find the sweet spot with the KW2

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx for sharing this info , I'm on the fence between the Motons and KW'S ,FOR my GEN 3 . Look forward to seeing how everyone makes out ! :) :eater:

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok----So the rain stopped for a bit. I left car at the same ride height(which is very low) and turned the nob clockwise to full firm just on the rear shocks. I left the front at setting "6". I checked the tire pressure, all 4 at 29 psi. City roads car felt the same, so I jumped on freeway and still car was very bouncy and seemed like no changed what so ever. I only changed the rears because it feels like only the rear bounces up and down when going to road. That could be my mistake but like I said the car felt exactly the same going from 6 to setting 12. I think i need to go full soft and see how the car rides then so I can see a difference.
Im not sure if running the 19/20 setup with the pirelli pzeros have more to do with it or not. Its hard to compare with other peoples cars if we are not comparing apples to apples with the wheels.

Maybe I see if I can call KW tech line if they have one and see what they recommend/say

I will continue to up date this as I fine tune this setup and hope to get a happy setting somewhere

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would have to say no......I only have a about 1000 miles on them. I can inspect them further but I think they are fine. I'm going to turn them to "1" and work up
From there

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
your car will ride like a washboard slammed really low, if you do the 2 finger in front and 3 in back, you will be amazed- ( im talkin about kws) i have felt them in peoples cars both ways on height, raise the car up a little and see if you like it- i have a set of kws on the way- caint wait to get them on

venomous06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You have some other factors that are probably not helping much. Yeah those pzero's are giving you some feedback that might be confusing you since the sidewalls are so stiff. I am on Sport Cups on the street and Hoosier R6's on the track 18 and 19's so its tough to compare the setup like you said. I think mine is at 2 fingers all the way around. I can get some measurements for you and you can try to set your ride height to mine and go from there. Have you gotten an alignment done yet? I can imagine that drastic of a change in height is probably going to make the car dart all over the road since nothing has been aligned yet? On mine I have the rebound set at the middle of the adjustments on all corners and have yet to notice it hopping around like you are noticing.

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You have some other factors that are probably not helping much. Yeah those pzero's are giving you some feedback that might be confusing you since the sidewalls are so stiff. I am on Sport Cups on the street and Hoosier R6's on the track 18 and 19's so its tough to compare the setup like you said. I think mine is at 2 fingers all the way around. I can get some measurements for you and you can try to set your ride height to mine and go from there. Have you gotten an alignment done yet? I can imagine that drastic of a change in height is probably going to make the car dart all over the road since nothing has been aligned yet? On mine I have the rebound set at the middle of the adjustments on all corners and have yet to notice it hopping around like you are noticing.

Car has been aligned to a aggressive street alignment. Car does not dart all over the road, it drives pretty damn straight after I did the aggressive alignment. The problem the car is having is it bounces up and down as i drive down the freeway, like it feels all the imperfections in the concrete,,,,, and im not talking when I hit a dip in the road. Its not bouncing like I have no shocks, lol just the slightlest amount to make my head move up and down and one night my buddy in front of me said I can see you lights moving up and down. I think its from a stiff suspension unlike what some have said above to "firm" it up all the way. Im going to go the opposite and go full soft and start from there since I went full firm already with no fix. Everyone that mentioned about the height I have the car at, you may be very right, but damn i would have left the stock shocks in place if I wanted that type of wheel gap ( 2 fingers front/3 rear). Rained again all day so Hope to get out in the next day or two

Last edited:
OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
your car will ride like a washboard slammed really low, if you do the 2 finger in front and 3 in back, you will be amazed- ( im talkin about kws) i have felt them in peoples cars both ways on height, raise the car up a little and see if you like it- i have a set of kws on the way- caint wait to get them on

Thanks for your feedback I appreciate it. Im trying not to have to raise it. what are the kw's going on? Im assuming not the acr-X..lol

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One more thing,,,,,, I have felt this bouncy feel before I lowered the car with the KW's. When I had it with the stock shocks and Eibachs with the forgeline wheels it felt the same way. So I really dont think it has to do with how low I have the car now. I was hoping when I put the KW's on it would correct this because the shocks are designed to function properly at this height. The stock shocks with the Eibachs were not.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im putin my kws on a 09 ssg coupe- i first bought eibachs, they rode just like your complaint- ditched those and put stock springs back on and put on lowering caps- drives and rides great- it sits with the caps 2 fingers front 3 rear-- if you raise the car, it will get rid of the chopped feel- i bought kws because at high speeds the car is to loose on curves for me- i will do the same 2 fingers and 3 on these- looks perfect to me, but thats me.

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
im putin my kws on a 09 ssg coupe- i first bought eibachs, they rode just like your complaint- ditched those and put stock springs back on and put on lowering caps- drives and rides great- it sits with the caps 2 fingers front 3 rear-- if you raise the car, it will get rid of the chopped feel- i bought kws because at high speeds the car is to loose on curves for me- i will do the same 2 fingers and 3 on these- looks perfect to me, but thats me.

When you putting them on? Once you get them on update here how the ride is :))

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang