Leaving the PA/WV region

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello my friends from the PA/WV region. Some of you have already heard, but I thought I would make an official announcement here as it is not known when I will be seeing you all at the same time again.

After long consideration, yes, we have decided to move to North Carolina. We have purchased a home down there which is slated for closing in a few weeks.

Why? I have just had enough of the winters here and last winter pushed me over the edge. Due to the nature of my business, I finally realized that I don’t have to deal with the cold, snow, salt, etc. and can essentially operate my business from anywhere. The other nice thing is that my family and friends of ours have also agreed to move to the same area. And, another plus IS: More Viper time!

We are going to miss all of you to the point where it hurts. We have had such good times with everyone. When I first attended a PA/WV event a few years back, I thought we were going to encounter a bunch of snooty Viper owners. In fact, to my surprise, it was totally the opposite!!! You are ALL so nice, humble, and generous individuals and you will be missed badly!

As long as you don’t mind, I am going to do my best to pop in for some events here and there. We still have close ties in the area so we will be visiting from time to time…may just drag a Viper along for the ride. I can only take so much of the in-laws. :D JK

All my best,

Brian

mkviper96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian,

It sounds like you will definitely get more Viper time. It has been a pleasure to have you as part of the club. Your presence will definitely be missed. I wish you and your family the best of luck.

Mike

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the move Brian! I completely understand your thinking when it comes to winters around here.

Good luck, it will all work out well I'm sure. If you ever need a place to stay or just hang out on your next visit, give me call. You are always welcome.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be one heck of a nice person if your family and friends are moving to be with you. Good luck, I've traveled there a lot and you should really enjoy it. I may be considering a move myself out of New England and to Denver. In my case though its not the winters its the job market.

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awwwwwww Brian...although I already knew this was coming, your official announcement made me shed a tear! :( We are going to miss you, Janelle and your family. Best wishes to you all. I trust our paths will cross again. Until that time ~ GOD BLESS!

Ginger

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian, we are very sorry to see you go, hopefully you will be able to come back and visit with us from time to time. Are you going to VOI?

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello my friends from the PA/WV region. Some of you have already heard, but I thought I would make an official announcement here as it is not known when I will be seeing you all at the same time again.

After long consideration, yes, we have decided to move to North Carolina. We have purchased a home down there which is slated for closing in a few weeks.

Why? I have just had enough of the winters here and last winter pushed me over the edge. Due to the nature of my business, I finally realized that I don’t have to deal with the cold, snow, salt, etc. and can essentially operate my business from anywhere. The other nice thing is that my family and friends of ours have also agreed to move to the same area. And, another plus IS: More Viper time!

... I can only take so much of the in-laws. :D JK

All my best,

Brian

Best of luck. Sounds like a solid plan. My wife and I are thinking along the same lines. We still have property to sell before we can move. I'm hoping to do it a little different. I want to keep a home in both places. Move back and forth every 5-6 months. Best of both worlds.

You must be one heck of a nice person if your family and friends are moving to be with you. Good luck, I've traveled there a lot and you should really enjoy it. I may be considering a move myself out of New England and to Denver. In my case though its not the winters its the job market.

George, you better think twice... I've lived in Denver. We'll talk...

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the same thing 2 years ago, and could not be happier. After living my entire life in NJ. I just got tired of being beat up. Taxes, traffic,nasty people, and just a dull,gray winter. I decided to move my entire family to South Florida. Which was a HUGE decision being I have 2 little children. Im also self-employed and still operate my NJ business. Everyone always looks dumbfounded when I tell them most of my business is in NJ. And I live in FL.. But we are lucky that in 2010, this can be done. with ease.

It was the best decision I have made in my life. Although my Viper driving time is now spent on the boat every weekend.

You will regret one thing.... not doing it sooner... good luck..

OP
OP
B

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian, we are very sorry to see you go, hopefully you will be able to come back and visit with us from time to time. Are you going to VOI?

VOI is looking grim at the moment with the move and all. It is still under consideration...we'll have to see.

OP
OP
B

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the same thing 2 years ago, and could not be happier. After living my entire life in NJ. I just got tired of being beat up. Taxes, traffic,nasty people, and just a dull,gray winter. I decided to move my entire family to South Florida. Which was a HUGE decision being I have 2 little children. Im also self-employed and still operate my NJ business. Everyone always looks dumbfounded when I tell them most of my business is in NJ. And I live in FL.. But we are lucky that in 2010, this can be done. with ease.

It was the best decision I have made in my life. Although my Viper driving time is now spent on the boat every weekend.

You will regret one thing.... not doing it sooner... good luck..

Thanks for the insight Taximan! We have 3 little children too. We wanted to get out before they became too "rooted" in this area. Then, it would have been that much more difficult to go! Glad to hear you business is working out over the long distance. Good to hear.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi