looking for cruise control where? who? used?

fearsuch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
looking for cruise control for my 2000 dodge viper
who make this? or does anyone have a used one kicking around?
thanks

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've thought about doing it on my 2001, but every now and then I'm reminded of the massive amount of torque to the wheels when I'm just cruising along and hit a slick spot. If you go that route, I'd be interested in your experience after having it engaged on a long trip.:dunno:

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snake Oyl has the only Viper version I'm aware of, works great, relatively easy install and have never had a problem in 25,000 miles and 10 years of ownership on a 1996 GTS. If you drive long distances the GENII pedal offset almost requires one as a knee saver.

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one on my 2K, I could drive any distance without it no problems with it.
Installation instructions at:
http://******.vinu.edu/Viper%20upgrades/cruise/index.htm

OP
OP
F

fearsuch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the cops like getting people for speeding around here so between that and killing your leg trying to keep the car at a steady speed, I think its time for me to get that cruise

thanks guys

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've thought about doing it on my 2001, but every now and then I'm reminded of the massive amount of torque to the wheels when I'm just cruising along and hit a slick spot. If you go that route, I'd be interested in your experience after having it engaged on a long trip.:dunno:

I've driven several thousand miles with mine. No different than the cruise in any car except you put this one in yourself. Mine is a Snake Oyl unit and works fine and certainly no worries about slick spots. I would think slick spots would be slick regardless of whether the cruise was on or not. In any case, when I use my cruise the engine is just loafing anyway.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think slick spots would be slick regardless of whether the cruise was on or not
Spoken like someone from a warm climate. Don't use cruise control in any car in slippery conditions. You don't want the car trying to accelerate at the same time it starts sliding. And those of us that deal with this every year know that braking is not often the answer. Just let off the gass and steer. cruise won't do that, you have to feel it.

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spoken like someone from a warm climate. Don't use cruise control in any car in slippery conditions. You don't want the car trying to accelerate at the same time it starts sliding. And those of us that deal with this every year know that braking is not often the answer. Just let off the gass and steer. cruise won't do that, you have to feel it.

Gee, and I just thought using the cruise control required common sense. I like to set mine at about 80 in stop and go traffic just to be sure my pacemaker is working properly!