Lowest mileage/vin# for a 1996 GTS. Are you out there??

Johnny GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have or know someone who has a very low mileage/ low vin# 1996 GTS?? I had mine at a show recently and a Viper fanatic told me mine is probably one of the lowest mileage/VIN#'s in existence. Mine is #17 with 6,978 miles. I've checked the registries and very few vehicles have been listed. Any info/input is greatly appreciated. :usa:

hiss highness

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a brand new set of 6 gauges with zero miles on the odometer that I am saving for a rainy day

BlueLIGHTNING

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Legendary Motor car still has theirs for sale with 797 miles and still wrapped in plastic.

OP
OP
J

Johnny GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi gutterworks129 thanks for the response! I too know of many low mileage GTS"s the question was low mileage/ low vin #, do you know the vin# if the 41 mile GTS???

OP
OP
J

Johnny GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are obviously trying to help me, However I am trying to make it clear, I know that lower mileage cars exist; but low miles with low vin # ?? I need both mileage & VIN If you can help me thanks so much!!

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats the point in lower VIN and low mileage? Is that rarer than higher VIN but 100x lower lower mileage?

At least for me what matters in a 96 GTS is low mileage and CONDITION.

Mine has over 65K, so it is not rare or much of anything else.
I prefer to drive it. Thats where the value in owning a Viper is. (for me)

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIN order doesn't reflect the build order anyway. You need the born on date.

daveg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya, I don't understand the point either but I will humor you. I have #33 with just over 20k. RedEnuf93 states it best though.. If you have #17, there are 16 potential cars lower than you. And as Revheat states in his Doc, VIN Numbers may not fall in order. My date tags says it was finished 2 weeks after the 96 GTS's started production. For what its worth!!!!

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a member that has his (or at least, used to. not sure) on display at Muscle Car Museum, Pigeon Forge, TN. I think, less than 20 miles :dunno:
and I have no idea the production #

OP
OP
J

Johnny GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, I'm always willing to learn. I realize the date tag (drivers door) provides the date the vehicle was manufactured, mine says 05-96. I believe there is a way to pinpoint the exact date , can anyone help me with this? Also does anyone know the exact date production began on the 96 GTS?? Thank you so much!!

daveg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, I'm always willing to learn. I realize the date tag (drivers door) provides the date the vehicle was manufactured, mine says 05-96. I believe there is a way to pinpoint the exact date , can anyone help me with this? Also does anyone know the exact date production began on the 96 GTS?? Thank you so much!!
Per Revheats Doc, The first production GTS rolled off the assembly line on May 6, 1996. It took a total of 5 days to build the GTS.

OP
OP
J

Johnny GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Opinions are great, I am an individual who appreciates criticism and can handle whether you like my request for info/advise or not. Apparently you are unable to appreciate my request for advise, I joined the club because of the fact that we all can help each other with answers to questions, no matter how ridiculous they may be to some. You know there are some of us who are not know-it-alls and reach out to the more knowledgeable ones who can help with info we need. Not sarcastic remarks. Thanks Anyway.

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The viper fanatic is right. You probably have one of the lowest build numbers and very low mileage '96.

Several people gave you info.

Now what ?

My guess is that you're hoping it increases the rareness and value.

Opinions are great, I am an individual who appreciates criticism and can handle whether you like my request for info/advise or not. Apparently you are unable to appreciate my request for advise, I joined the club because of the fact that we all can help each other with answers to questions, no matter how ridiculous they may be to some. You know there are some of us who are not know-it-alls and reach out to the more knowledgeable ones who can help with info we need. Not sarcastic remarks. Thanks Anyway.