March 27th NY/CT Guitar Fund Raiser

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Best Remedy for cabin fever will take place on March 27th Rain or Shine. We'll be doing a fund raiser drive for one of my 6th grade students (Saliek) to raise money to put towards a new guitar for him at Guitar Center in Commack. Feel free to make donations if you like but do not feel obligated to contribute to the fund. You are more than welcome if you just want to come out for the drive.

We're Meeting a Exit 53 on the LIE rest area south side at 9:00 am

From there we're all cruising to Olympic Diner in Deer Park to meet and have breakfast with my student Saliek. We'll probably get there around 9:30
Olympic Diner's Website and address:
The Olympic Diner - Deer Park, Long Island

After Breakfast between 10:30 and 11 we're driving to Guitar Center in Commack Locations - Guitar Center
to check out guitars and help Saliek pick something out. Everyone is welcome to come out and join the fun. :D
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds cool - I'll be there if the weather lets up enough... I guess even with bad weather I can take the DD and make a fool of myself with the electronic drum kits :) How about it brakedust?

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Charlie, what kind of music does Saliek like? Is he looking for an acoustic guitar or an electric?

OP
OP
V

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! All you guys really pulled through for my student Saliek and I today !!!! This club is truly the best out there. It was incredible for us to raise enough money help my student Saliek and purchase him a great guitar today. Something that he has needed for a while now. The NY/CT Viperclub members helped raise $380 and the cost of a new guitar and case for Saliek (with some help from Guitar Center's staff) final cost was $381 ! We had lots of great help from Brian the Guitar Center salesman that worked closely with us and Mike Hearne the Guitar Center Store Manager. This store has always been extremely helpful to me with doing business in the past. When it came to choosing a place for help in this Fundraiser Guitar Rally it was a no brainer that Guitar Center in Commack would be my first choice. Huge thanks to them and their staff for making this such a successful and most memorable day for Saliek. Also a tremendous thanks to our members and the contributions they made to the fundraiser:
Rich, Adrian, Ed and Courtney (thanks for the long drive down under), Carrie, Lou, Eddie, Dr. Joe, Jon, and Pete. I think I'm almost as excited as Saiek knowing that I can give him guitar lessons and his new guitar will stay in tune unlike the frustrating old one he had. For months I would say to him that I have to get him a good guitar someday and he would look up at me with the questionable expression of how. I thought about of all the fundraisers we've done in the past and this idea became such a great opportunity for an enthusiastic young kid starting out that loves many different kinds of music and wants to learn how to play in the worst way. Believe it or not this is a 6th grader that is motivated and accepts the challenges of playing a REAL instrument and not some mindless
5 minute shelf life guitar hero video game. I know deep down that he will continue the pursuit of mastering the guitar and everyone that helped out today made a significant difference in his life. Again a Big Big thanks to all and making this happen !! Here are the pics from the great day we had.

Last edited:

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chazz, great event and thanks to everyone for coming out to support it. Ed,and Chazz a big thanks for posting the pictures......See you all soon :2tu:

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a great time! I'm happy that we could help out. I think we had almost as much fun as Saliek!

Its always fun to go out with our group.

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like it was a great time by all! Any pics of the decal on the Viper??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets