Mopar Performance Exhaust (Catback) anyone?

GTSHolgi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Inspired by the post of Jsquared I'd like to gather some feedback on the Mopar exhaust (the one that comes with the nice Sneaky Pete logo on the tips) with standard cats and/or with high flow cats. How about overall noise level and drone?

Thanks for any response in form of writing or video/audio clips!

Holger

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the 3" Mopar Race Exhaust on my Gen III. I'm running M&M headers and no cats, so it's pretty loud, but definitely not unbearably loud. I like the Mopar exhaust better than the Corsa because it's a bit deeper at idle. It absolutely screams up high when I'm on it and I wouldn't want it any louder at that point, but I do wish it was louder at idle. It's not that it's quiet by any means, but I wish it sounded "**********" and louder at idle. Guess that will have to wait until I get a cam and headwork done though. :)

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the mopar exhaust on my Final Edition. I believe it is the same as the borla, just with the different outlet pipes. I loved it. For me, it was not too loud at all, sounded healthy at idle, and had a nice little bark when I put my foot down.

OP
OP
G

GTSHolgi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and vids! Sounds really good! How about drone at certain revolutions? According to my research so far, it seems that only the corsa is free of drone...?!?

Holger