My ACR is for sale

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was just looking at eBay ad. There are 50+ people watching the auction and it has been viewed well over 1,500 times. I hope it bring a good price, as it is a great looking and performing car.

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like I won it. Pretty excited. first viper. I've been looking at buying one for a long time now and just never pulled the trigger.

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just picked it up and drove it to the hotel here in Austin. Car is insane. CarDude was awesome to deal with. It ended up taking longer then it should of to get it, my bad, but it all worked out in the end. It's going to be an entertaining trip back. :)

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
remember to get it up to 150 to work over that aero downforce effect, or it wont start after you shut it off!!

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove for 500+ miles today from austin to amarillo. We had to go through a nasty thunderstorm. At one point I had to pull off and wait a few minutes for it to clear. We took off when it was raining lighter, but it was still pretty heavy. The car did pretty well...no hydroplaning issues.

The car IS F*CKING unbelievable. The engine is new, from arrow racing, balanced and blueprinted beyond dodge's specs and it is amazing. It lopes along at 1.5k rmps at 85 mph..incredible. I tried to get a video of the speedo at about 60-120 all in 3rd, but as I started to punch it a cop was driving in the opposite lane of a 4 lane highway. I had hit for a couple of seconds maybe less so i was going around 85-90 probably..not sure. he crossed the divide and started to follow me. He followed me for maybe 2 minutes, came up on the driver side quarter panel, gave me a head nod and slowed down got behind me and exited. :D

The car is pretty comfortable for what it is. My buddy who is helping me drive it back has ridden in an Lambo SV and said the cockpit in the viper is roomier, and much more comfortable. It may not be as comfy as the vette, but the seats are much more comfortable then my s2000 was.

The gawk factor is almost too high though. When I get gas people pose with it. A couple of guys took video and followed me onto the free way just to tape it. I had some kids in camaro try to coax me into a highway pull. It's sitting at the track height, which is low. The color is out of this world (a bit dusty now). I think I underestimated just how much attention this thing might get. So far it's been all good, but that could get to very annoying.

The steering is heavy and very exact. It points and shoots with the best I have ever driven. It doesn't feel big. The car is pretty quiet with the windows rolled up in 6th on the freeway, quieter then my s2000 was.

I am straight up in love with this thing. Hands down the best car I have ever driven.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's deft a lot of car for the $$! Congrats and be safe with her :2tu:

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MAde it home. Not exactly a comfortable ride, but an intersting 1700 miles. The car is amazing on a smooth surface. too bad the country is checkered with pockmarked crappy roads! :) But, all's well that ends well.

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I didn't get or can't find is the toolkit I have read about that comes with the acr. Where would I look for it? I'm talking about the spanner wrench for the shocks etc. It's possible it was just not in the car.

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only tools that come with the ACR are the spanner wrench and allen wrench for adjusting ride heght. You should also have the front splitter track extension.
PAVenomRT/10

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4