My Amazing Gen 5 Viper Adventure!

Yellowgt5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the car during the power tour thru Arkansas. Was unsure how the car would look in white but it is beautiful in person. Congrats on the car.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the car during the power tour thru Arkansas. Was unsure how the car would look in white but it is beautiful in person. Congrats on the car.

Thanks! I have no regrets on color choice, glad I went with white. I almost bought a solid white ACR in 2009, so it was planned for a while.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an update, 4,600 miles on it so far. Loving the car! Even my wife drives it to work at least once a week.

Tony

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an update, 4,600 miles on it so far. Loving the car! Even my wife drives it to work at least once a week.

Tony

Man, you are living the dream! Awesome.

Curious how you and your wife feel about the sound level inside, now that you've lived in it for a while. The SRT doesn't have all the sound deadening material that the GTS has, which has the nice trade-off of being a lot lighter.

My lady had put in a vote for the quieter model, she's not as ******** as me :D

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sound level inside the car is actually pretty nice, compared to my Gen 3 coupe. It seems to have less road and wind noise than the previous gens. I can only imagine how quiet the GTS is with the extra 50 lbs of sound proofing. The exhaust note is a little loud past 80 mph with the windows down, but tolerable with them up.

I have noticed the engine idles and revs smoother with the miles on it. Sometimes you wonder if the engine is running, it is very smooth compared to when the car was brand new. The shifter also loses a LOT of notchiness and becomes like butter. The shifter is still very precise and tight, but the shifts feel more fluid now and not so mechanical. That loosened up around 3K miles or so.

Car rides smoother with two people and a hatch full of luggage :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper