My first ride in the Viper!

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More and more interesting. Gen 3 Fangs badge on the front. Did it come with that or did you change it?

OP
OP
D

diegoted

Viper Owner
Reaction score
More and more interesting. Gen 3 Fangs badge on the front. Did it come with that or did you change it?

Gents, I cannot take credit for any aspect of how the car looks, this is the way I bought it on Christmas day. I am not a Viper aficionado so I do not know what is correct or not. I know I just liked the car, it fit my budget and needs, so I bought it.

thx Diego

OP
OP
D

diegoted

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The carbon fiber motiff is carried out throughout the lower skirt all the way around the car, the hood inserts, rear wing and mirrors. I think it looks really cool.

diego

Casper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh is wrapped, i didn't undestand, i thinked that was black matt. Good work!

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the previous owner had a Pep Boys gift card to use up. Maybe at least paint the hood ducts red again? And replace the fangs with a sneaky pete. I would expect that the wing is doing nothing good for the cars' handling. Op, enjoy it and be safe.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gents, I cannot take credit for any aspect of how the car looks, this is the way I bought it on Christmas day. I am not a Viper aficionado so I do not know what is correct or not. I know I just liked the car, it fit my budget and needs, so I bought it.

thx Diego
We're not dogging on your ride, just noticing stuff.

OP
OP
D

diegoted

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No worrys, everyone has their own idea of what they like, I am cool with that! I really like this car the way it is, that is why I bought it. As far as how the wing affects the handeling, time will tell, I see a lot of ACR cars with similar style wings? I have not had the car above 100 MPH so I can not tell you.

Diego

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as how the wing affects the handeling, time will tell, I see a lot of ACR cars with similar style wings? I have not had the car above 100 MPH so I can not tell you.

Diego

All the ACRs have factory installed, wind tunnel tested aero - rear wing/front splitter to balance each other, and increase down force (technically they reduce lift). Some how I doubt your wing has had such rigorous testing. As far as going over 100mph, for your and others' safety, as some one else also mentioned, at least inspect and insure that it's mounted securely.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
150 would be crazy in that car if the wing is producing downforce and the front of the car is stock.
If it's fairly neutral and just for looks, that's fine.

OP
OP
D

diegoted

Viper Owner
Reaction score
150 would be crazy in that car if the wing is producing downforce and the front of the car is stock.
If it's fairly neutral and just for looks, that's fine.

What type of facility does one go to determine this? I have done 150 in many cars with wings that have not been tunneled, though they were all 1/4 mile drag cars?
The wind is solidly mounted with under deck supports.
Diego

Casper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that Allan means that front car could be "light" if rear wings has too downforce. This is indipendent of solid deck support. You could check wing's angle degree with a goniometer and put wing at 0 degrees.
By the way i think IMHO that for city speed, it is not a great problem..

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that Allan means that front car could be "light" if rear wings has too downforce. This is indipendent of solid deck support. You could check wing's angle degree with a goniometer and put wing at 0 degrees.
By the way i think IMHO that for city speed, it is not a great problem..
Yes, exactly.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What type of facility does one go to determine this? I have done 150 in many cars with wings that have not been tunneled, though they were all 1/4 mile drag cars?
The wind is solidly mounted with under deck supports.
Diego
I will take the 5th on the facility disclosure.

If you are used to rocking 150 in the 1/4 mile in drag cars, the Viper will feel like a slouch in comparison. :(
Just remember, the Viper is not set up as a drag car in stock form.
Vipers are dominant on the roadcourse (with a good driver). :2tu:

Don't let the 'lack of crazy acceleration' fool you into thinking the car is safe. :nono:
Pushing limits on the streets with a Viper will land you in someone's front yard. :omg:
Look at the 'wrecked exotics' site and see all the Vipers. :(