My new toy hauler - Aluma 20' tilt bed trailer

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what happens when VCA member RCC and I go shopping together, we both buy $7500 trailers.

Aluma model 8220H Tilt, their 20' tilt bed trailer, which is mostly aluminum and stainless steel. The trailer has dual 5200# axles, so it is rated for just over 10,000 lbs capacity - and it only weighs 1,700 lbs itself. I picked it up on the way home from work today, and had to keep checking my mirror to be sure it was still back there. I feel absolutely nothing behind me in the dually. We both knew the Viper nose would be a challenge, even a pair of 2x6 boards wouldn't suffice. Luckily, I still have my Race Ramps, and they worked perfect (barely!). The fenders on both sides are removable, but the Viper door clears them just fine. My car is also lowered.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Nope!

Nope - even with boards.

Success.

Tony

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd gladly refer them, they were easy/excellent to deal with. They are out of stock now, but more are arriving in Sept. They also have 18' versions, which are about $1100 cheaper.

Big Tex Trailers
8404 North Freeway (I-45)
Houston, TX
(281) 744-5157 - Ask for Tom McCoy.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks and I am aware of them as they always advertise in the chronicle. I always thought they just had the low end rust stuff they usually advertise. Will stop by sometime as yours looks very nice.

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice. I went with the rollback trailer and love it.
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice. I went with the rollback trailer and love it.

The Rollback (Sloan, Kwik-Load, etc..) was my first choice, until I found out that their "Aluminum" version was just the top decking plate. I wanted an all-aluminum trailer this time around, as I've owned about half a dozen steel deck trailers in the past. Nice trailers though, wish they made an all aluminum version.

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice trailer Tony. Good thinking with the ramps.

I have a 22' Texas Rollback aluminum trailer and it is awesome for low vehicles (I don't think they have a website). Bed rolls right back similar to 10 Bangers. I could never go back. No need for ramps, one man operation, removeable winch, air dam, under-deck drawers - awesome trailer.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why spend all this money for 20 ft long, 16 foot works well, and why not just get standard ramps and not need all the hydraulics, also why no front air dam ? The tow vehicle ***** up debris when in motion....not being offensive, just asking why ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave