Need a real login please.

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This new board really needs a proper place to "log in". It never works correctly for until I post a message. This is a bit crazy.
Today I had a private message that I wanted to read. So I clicked on my Inbox, it asked me to log in, I did that and it too me back to my Inbox where I clicked on the message I wanted to read, then it asked me to login, I did that again, it took me to my Inbox, I clicked on the message, it asked me to login...

Anyone else see a problem here?

OP
OP
B

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I'm complaining I also would like to know why I have to leave and come back for all the read/unread indications to change. Sometimes I get a bit lost wandering around and can't remember if I've read a thread or not.

It would also be nice if the board would indicate which posts in a thread I have read or not read...

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out why I am still showing as a viper guest in "Who's Online", when I am a registered member. Also I don't get the "Welcome Back Gus Strakes" like I used to on the old board, and I think I am. This still occurs even after I log in either by clicking on the inbox, or editing my profile. I've emailed board admin in hopes of getting an answer. Thanks to anyone who can help --

Michael Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having a the login problem as well. Thought the system was suppose to set a cookie for that purpose. The only way that I can establish being logged in is to post a new message... logging into PROFILE does identify me as being in the system. If I leave the BB and come back later/next day, have to start over. Would be nice to be able to select a login script rather than posting a new message.

Michael Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clarification on previous comment: 'logging into PROFILE does identify me as being in the system'

Can open PROFILE and login to check profile but does NOT log me into the BB.

Michael Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS. I'm NOT complaining, just curious if there might be a solution. Is there a setting that I need to check on my computer to hopefully eliminate the problem?

OP
OP
B

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,

Please post responses rather than Emailing. There are several of us complaining here and I suspect many more who are concerned with this issue, but have not posted. If you have info to share please share it with all of us.

Any feedback on the read/unread messages and threads indicators???

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vipermad:
Gus, did the e-mail help at all? I'd be interested in feedback on my tips!!!
You must be registered for see images

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tony -
Sorry for the late response, just saw the above question. Your directions were perfect. Even though my profile was set Ok, going through your steps (even unchecking, and rechecking boxes) did the trick. Thanks. By the way, did you get my avatar pic in Email today? I have to admit learning all the inuendos of this board is a lot of fun. Good job to all involved.