Need some tire advise

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I punctured front passenger tire last night and wanted some oppions on weither I can replace just the one or if I should replace both fronts. I still have about 3/16th of tread on the driver side front. Any one know how much tread is on a fresh tire or what the min. allowed by texas law is?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Comes down to driving style, tracking, and/or what you can afford. I just go by the wear bars inside the grooves. Sounds like you have a little tread left.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thoughts would be on the order if the remaining tire has less than 1/2 of its life remaining I would replace both. On the fronts make sure you look toward the inside of the tire as the inside tend to wear at a much higher rate. Sooner or later you will end up replacing both at the same time, or maybe all 4 (as tire suppliers change tire designs).

As to the normal replacement timetable I go with what Cjuck said. Just be cognizant of the front wear patterns as that caused me to go down to the threads before knowing it was time. Having a blowout on the Viper at speed would not be fun, especially if due to my own neglect.

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B will give you a good price and delivery on two new fronts. Bobby Archer is also in your area and can take care of your tire needs. Bobby's shop does excellent work on Vipers. Joe (Tech at Bobby's) has done quite a bit of work on my car, I am very pleased with his professionalism and knowledge of the Viper.

You ought to come out to MSR (Cresson)with us on eithr Feb. 12th or Feb. 26th for a day at the track.

Newt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21