Need someone in Nor CA to check out car

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually, it looks like the 'VIPER GTS' emblem was placed higher up than usual. The ACR looks about right where it should be. Make sure that hood has not been re-painted and if it has, you gotta know why. Good luck!

OP
OP

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, it looks like the 'VIPER GTS' emblem was placed higher up than usual. The ACR looks about right where it should be. Make sure that hood has not been re-painted and if it has, you gotta know why. Good luck!

Yeah, you are right. The Viper emblem does look higher. I also noticed that the front and rear tires dont match.

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think someone else here was looking at the exact same car...scroll back a couple pages...look for "Is this is a good deal on a '98 ACR?" or something....

OP
OP

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can take a look for you this coming Wednesday or Thursday. I've passed by this business plenty of times but never been inside.

That would be great!! I posted about this car a few weeks ago but nobody has looked at it. It happens to be exactly what I am looking for. A 99 ACR with less then 20k miles.

thanks

Un'sidepiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have looked at his car several times, not because I am looking for one, I just drive by the dealer on the way to work and frequently stop in to see whats new. The salesman reported that it is a "lemon law" car because it had windshield wiper problems so frequently. It looks beautiful, I dont think it has been in any accident so I dont know why the emblems/stickers would be in the wrong place. The rear tires are Kuhmos and the fronts are pilots. If you have specific questions I can ask for you let me know what they are and I will stop in tomorrow, or if you want to call ask for Gary. My dad bought his viper at this place and they are straight forward people to deal with but not Viper experts!

Un'sidepiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because the wipers are a safety feature, they qualify for lemon law. Personally I keep mine out of the rain anyway.

CA lemon law states the following:

Under California Lemon Law, if you took your New or Used Car, Truck, Van, RV, Motorcycle or Boat in for repair during the manufacturer's warranty period and you gave the dealer a reasonable number of attempts to repair the vehicle and it continues to malfunction, you may be entitled to your money back or to a new replacement vehicle. Under California Lemon Law, it does not matter if you purchased or leased the vehicle. You may even qualify under California Lemon Law if the vehicle was purchased or leased primarily for business use. The California Lemon Law also applies to a used vehicle if it was sold with a warranty (including a portion of the original manufacturer's unexpired warranty). What constitutes a reasonable number of attempts under California Lemon Law depends on the circumstances of each case. For example, a safety related problem may require only two attempts to be considered "reasonable" under California Lemon Law, whereas other types of problems may require more attempts. The problem must be one which substantially impairs the vehicle's use, value or safety.

starcity

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found out the same information for this ACR Viper, A "LEMON LAW CAR". Unless you can steal this car which most likely won't happen, I would look elsewhere. Lemon Law cars are looked down on just as a Salvaged title would be. As far as resale value, this should be a determining factor. 99% of Banks will not finance Lemon Law cars which may detour 80% of potential buyers who do NOT have $50-$55k cash laying around. As far as driveability and such, it may be a perfectly fine car. I would also be weiry of any paintwork and misplaced emblems on the car. If you're serious about buying it, do take it to Ted at Valaya Racing for an inspection. In addition, I would call your local Dodge Service advisor, give him the VIN # and have him look up any documentation on the ACR. There may be more to it than just Windshield wipers???

Good luck, Chris.

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey 93cobra,
Hope the new commute is working out for you. If you can get the vin #, call DC Perf. They can run the # through the dodge data base and get you those answers. Or we could jump in mine and make a quick day trip up. Take care and hope to meet up with you soon.
Lance

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can take a look for you this coming Wednesday or Thursday. I've passed by this business plenty of times but never been inside.

That would be great!! I posted about this car a few weeks ago but nobody has looked at it. It happens to be exactly what I am looking for. A 99 ACR with less then 20k miles.

thanks

Im also available to check out that Viper for you. I'll be going to SJ this thur.

PS. Dave, whats up? Long time no hear. Heading to Ted's thur.

Lee

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was checking out the pics of this car and the fog lights look like they are missing...

Common in ACR cars. All ACR cars get lightweight ACR wheels, Loose the fog lights, 5 Point seat belts, and the radio/sound system delete. It is up to you to purchase the sound system option back but the rest come as standard equipment.

RainMaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That lemon law issue might deter me because of financing and the ability to resell it if you had too.

If you buy it and resell it, you have to disclose that it was a lemon law car also!

OP
OP

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess i will be passing on this one then. I called them up a few days ago and they are holding firm at 53k for it. Oh well, the search is on again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc