New contender for the Ring King title

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lambo's supposedly upping the ante with an SV Aventador. 800 hp, better aero, better tires. Should get interesting.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/04/19/range-topping-lamborghini-aventador-sv-hits-the-ring/

The only recorded time I could find on the current Aventador is a 7:25 with Pzero Corsas, and each of the anticipated upgrades could very signifficantly reduce that.

http://www.sportauto.de/rundenzeiten-nuerburgring-nordschleife-3649995.html

Hopefully the SV will indeed come out this fall, set one hell of a laptime, and serve as a meaningful yardstick for the upcoming ACR.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds sweet. A serious SV. That 7:25 time is not bad at all for such a heavy car on Corsas. The SV may just get close to or beat the old ACR time but I really doubt it will be any competition for the upcoming ACR. We shall see. Exiting times.

I do like how they are giving it 80-100hp more to set it apart from the rest of the Aventador models. Hint...hint SRT:smirk:

OP
OP
I

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be astonishing if they could squeeze 800 hp out of an N/A motor in a road legal car. If so it will be as close to an F1 engine in a street car as it gets. So far Ferrari, Lambo and SRT are the only top brands that I can think of that cling to the N/A recipe and try to stay competitive. Everyone else is going TT or TT + electric.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its the 1/2 century mark for Lamborghini so expect something huge this year.

Personally, I'm looking forward to ordering the Gallardo successor.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be astonishing if they could squeeze 800 hp out of an N/A motor in a road legal car. If so it will be as close to an F1 engine in a street car as it gets. So far Ferrari, Lambo and SRT are the only top brands that I can think of that cling to the N/A recipe and try to stay competitive. Everyone else is going TT or TT + electric.

I would love to see the first road legal all motor 800hp car from any mfg. Ive seen way over 1000+hp NA at the drags and love em but to see an 800+hp NA street legal car with a warranty "from a major mfg" would be astounding. The Viper motor has the capability but not the R&D dollars. If they did get the budget to make that engine the cost of ownership probably would be significantly higher than 150k for such a low volume 800hp NA ACR Viper.

jsd512

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, a possibly $500,000K car trying to track down a POS rubber maid American, that had 200 less HP. Jeez, way to raise the bar Europe.

OP
OP
I

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to see the first road legal all motor 800hp car from any mfg. Ive seen way over 1000+hp NA at the drags and love em but to see an 800+hp NA street legal car with a warranty "from a major mfg" would be astounding. The Viper motor has the capability but not the R&D dollars. If they did get the budget to make that engine the cost of ownership probably would be significantly higher than 150k for such a low volume 800hp NA ACR Viper.

I'm totally with you. And I'm sure if Lamborghini delivers on the 800 hp speculation, it will be clearly reflected in the price tag. So far, here's the closest thing to a road legal 800 hp N/A car that I can think of. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb05nRyDrY8

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
800 hp is nuts to put into the hands of ordinary people who can't even handle 400 hp let alone the 640 the Viper has now. Fortunately at least there is TC to keep several owners out of the ditch now at least. But 800 hp isn't useful for anything but trap speed, top speed, standing mile. Handling goes downward as even small changes in throttle throw the car off balance, car is much harder to drive because it becomes much harder and you have to wait longer to put the power down. The car goes up in price, the gov gives SRT the evil eye.

There is absolutely no benefit to 800 hp except trap speed, bench racer bragging rights and high hp events where you will still lose to all of the modded TT gallardos and 1500 hp GT-R's with AWD to put the power down.

Lamborghini didn't even set their own time, it was third party, and no way Horst Von Saurma is going to drive a 7:12 in anything anytime soon. I believe the fastest time he's driven is a 7:24 in a GT2 RS, and anyone who pays attention knows that he drives Porsches faster than he drives anything else.

Rant over........

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32