GA VCA Vote for your new PREZ & Board + may events

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the latest info, if you know of anyone who does not receive the e mails , pass it to them.

What a turnout for our last meeting, 29 people showed with a great assortment of Fine Vipers with Dave G's new Supercharged car & Scotts new LAMBO was mega!

We had a primary Vote for the new board & the results were as follows:

President Dead heat between last minute candidate Joe Dell & Dave Garret

Vice President , Joe Dell & Dave Garret

treasurer : Scott Ross the over whelming winner with only one vote for someone else

Secretary: dead heat between Eyal yarden & Tom Wilson

Joe & Dave have agreed that the winner will be president & the other will be VP. E mail your choices by 5/15 to [email protected] If I do not have a large response we will have the runoff at the next meeting. I cannot thank the nominees enough for stepping up to the plate. For this club to continue the momentum we have built up, we need a full & active board that will stick with the job. I am sure they will serve your club well.

Also on a sad note, our great friend from the Panoz School "Zack" Zarcadoolas passed away this month of a heart attack. He was a good man & a great friend & we will miss him, I have attached a writeup at the bottom of this post. It just goes to show you that life is short, but it is pretty wide too. So stop making excuses why you cant join the fun, just do it now!

Monthly meeting: MONDAY 5/17
Cocktails @ 7 followed by dinner @ 7:30

Due to the awesome turn out & by popular demand we are @ Alfredoes once again. Next month we will return to the Northside. If you have never been , you dont know what you are missing!

Where: ALFREDO'S ITALIAN RESTAURANT (404) 876-1380
1989 CHESHIRE BRIDGE RD NE
ATLANTA , GA 30324
More Info Map and Directions

The time is later than usual to allow for traffic.. They have decent parking & we can use the DOT lot as long as you don't block the entrance.Dinner is on the club for members & you buy your own drinks.

April 30-May2: Historic Sportscar Racing Mitty Challenge Road Atlanta.

Grassroots motorsports magazine is hosting a club day @ the track this weekend with car corrals & host of other activities,We need 15 cars to attend to get our own corral, lets get this together: Here is the Venue for all you car polishers out there as there is a concourse judging on Saturday. http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/autofestclubconcours.html for more info

April 30, May 1 & 2 VIPERDAYS
has classes for everyone, if you want to have a low keyed track experience, this is one of the bests places to go, check out http://viperdays.com/schedule.html for more details

Putnam Park Road Course - Mt. Meridian, IN - April 30, May 1 & 2

Virginia International Raceway - Milton, NC - July 16, 17 & 18

NEW!!!! MAY 1 & 2 NSCA VETTE vs VIPER DRAGRACE @ Altlanta dragway this looks like a blast, its heads up street car drag racing at its best , check out http://nsca-racing.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4686 for more info or at www. atlantadragway.com

Note from Joe Dell Regarding this event:
There will be a test and Tune at Atlanta Dragway on Friday night prior to this NSCA event... Other than that, details are sketchy. Entry fee for the event on Sat and Sun is looking like $75 or $100. Not sure which.... The NSCA isn't the most organized group in the world.

Anyway, I'll be heading out there for test and Tune on Friday night, probably around 5:30p. If any of y'all are interested in joining me for some drag racing, drop me an e-mail or give me a call.

Doors are rumored to open on May 1st (Sat) at 9am...

May 8 & 9 Panoz track day & the return of Rouleau!
Yes our beloved Ryan returns from the cold white northlands to Gods Country! & the awesome road atlanta! http://www.panozracingschool.com/ for more info, but I suggest you sign up TODAY!, there are classes for novices to experts so don't be afraid if you never have been on the track before.

NEW: 5/9 CAR SHOW @ KURTS!!!!! The November show was awesome with over 120 cars & 15 vipers. Kurt will be breaking out the beer & Brats again so get ready for some great car action. All makes & Models welcome. We will be presenting VCA awards to the top 3 vipers! Entry fee includes food & the first beer!!!!!!!! here are the details:
My friends, join us again on May 8th 2004 for a wonderful car show and dinner. MayFest is all about Beer, Brats and fantastic cars. Open to ALL cars and motorcycles! Everyone is welcome! We will have one of the largest car shows in the southeast! Come and enjoy some of the best beers and best cars in the world, and I kid you not! $10 gets 1 car in the show, 1 raffle ticket and a meal with a drink! We will be having bratwursts, BBQ chicken, hamburgers, potato salad and the best beer anywhere!

Last year we had 120 exotic, classic and sports cars on display, as well as a handful of gorgeous motorcycles. Ferraris, Maseratis, Lamborghinis, Lincolns, Lotus, Porsche, Ford, Chevy, Acura, BMW, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Volkswagen, Buick, Mercedes, Vipers, Harleys, Ducatis, Aston Martins, Minis, Fiats, Lancia, Pantera, and many more will be there. If you have not been to Kurt's before, you are in for a treat. Inside you will find the walls covered with car memorabilia! Kurt is a huge car nut! Hans Stuck eats at Kurt's everytime he is in town!

Please, pre register yourself and your car online at: www.redlineracer.org and PLEASE invite anyone who loves cars or has a collectible or special car or motorcycle. DO NOT forget your camera. There will be opportunities for some amazing photography. Sorry for the length, but this is going to be the mother of all car shows!! If you have any questions, please contact me anytime.

Mitchel DeFrancis
www.redlineracer.org
770-846-0440

NEW 5/15 GA VCA DYNO DAY @ BALANCED PERFORMANCE 9AM TO 2 PM
Lets see what you got!!!!! we have the DYNO ALL DAY! no more than $*** FREE for VCA members, depending on turn out, minimum 3 runs!. I need someone to help me run this event, I WANT A HUGE TURNOUT! Balanced performance has some of the best tuners in the south & an awesome facility check out www.balancedperformance.com for directions. E mail me for RSVP. Non members $30 free if you join!!! We will be grilling so plan on staying all day. We will not limit the cars to Vipers only. These guys got me 14 hp in my Porsche ITS car & 9 hp in my spec miata, just by messing with the AFM! Cheep HP!

5/15 & 16 scca autocross @ Turner field see http://www.apexbenefits.biz/ABS-Mtrsports.htm for details

June 19 & 20 SCCA Solo 1 @ little Talledega. Solo one differs from solo 2 in that you are racing for lap time at higer speeds. Your car generally needs a roll bar & belts to compete. This is a fun event for people who are ready to make the next step, but are not ready for wheel to wheel competition. Check out http://www.rivergate5speed.com/scca/soloi/index.html for more info

June 26 & 27 scca autocross.
Autocross is a low cost & low impact way to see what your car can do. Its fun & you will not wreck your car! Its @ Turner field see http://www.apexbenefits.biz/ABS-Mtrsports.htm for details

July 31-Aug. 1 Panoz Track day @ Road Atlanta
http://www.panozracingschool.com/ for more info, but I suggest you sign up TODAY!, there are classes for novices to experts so don't be afraid if you never have been on the track before

For immediate release: April 14, 2004

Rapier racing is saddened to announce the untimely passing away of co-founder and driver Zack Zarcadoolas.

Zack died of a heart attack in the early hours of the morning of 13 April, 2004 at his home in Douglasville, Georgia.

In the late sixties and early seventies, Zack won Championships in both Formula Car and Production Based Vehicles racing in SCCA and FIA series. Zack left racing for 20 years. Then, after leaving his position as Marketing Director of a division of B.F. Goodrich, Zack formed his own company. Returning to racing, he won the 1996 Sprint Challenge Championship in a Lotus Esprit X180R. He drove a Porsche in the Grand-Am Cup in 2000, and raced all types of sports cars and prototypes over the years. He was an active participant in vintage and historic racing – always at the helm of a Lotus. Zack was also an instructor with both Panoz and Porsche driving schools.

Zack was the president of Lotus Limited Southeast (LLSE) for many years and served as an officer of the national Lotus club, Lotus Ltd. He organized the national Lotus Owners Gathering (LOG) in 1996 and 1998. Many Lotus Limited Club members’ memory of Zack was his driving skill in the hot laps he often gave to club members.

Arnie Johnson CEO of Lotus Cars USA counted Zack as a good friend. “If you were in trouble and had only one phone call, you could not do better than call Zack.” Arnie always found him to be particularly loyal to the Lotus marque. In particular, giving his time to help the Lotus name, “he had assisted LCU with many projects and had never taken a nickel,” Arnie said.

Rapier racing was founded in 2003 buy Zack, Charles Rayhall, and long time friend Kirt Wightman. The goal of the Team was to showcase the final edition of the timelessly beautiful Lotus Esprit V8 and bring Lotus back to the consciousness of North American motorsport fans. The team was on a steep learning curve, but Zack felt that the hardest work was behind us and looked forward to the rest of the season.

Zack will be remembered as a great driver, a great all-around guy, and a Lotus man to the core. He will be sorely missed buy his team, his friends and anyone who had the pleasure of his company.

Zack is survived by his wife, Cynthia, his son and his mother. Our thoughts are with them, and hope that in time their grief will be replaced by warm memories of their life together.

In accordance with Zack’s wishes, there will be no memorial service. However condolences for the family should be sent to Rapier Racing LLC, 6209 Oak Ridge Commerce Way, SW Austell, GA 30168.

Written by Kirt Wightman, Andrew Barron and Bob Metz

OP
OP
P

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OOPS !! corrections

The Kurts show is 5/8!!

Also got a call from Palmer Dodge & they are concerned about the negative press they have been receiving on the VCA web site. In an effort to improve service & customer satisfaction, They have appointed a VCA liaison for all your sales & service needs. Eric Palmer can be reached @ cell 77023105591 & 770 410 1111

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen