New Viper owner with questions about NX system

ViperPilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all,

I purchased an 04 last fall and after a few hundred wonderful miles, had to tucked it away for the Pennsylvania winter. I had it out last weekend for a few minutes and I must say we have the greatest car on earth. I just can't stop grinning, I sure you all understand :D

However, with spring approaching I am planning to do some power mods for an even bigger grin factor. I have been back and forth between the NX and Paxton and through all of your excellent post (I admit, I've been a lurker), I come to the conclusion that they are both very good bang for the buck. But I think the NX nitrous system fits my situation the best. I want the HP on the occasional run down the Interstate, it has to be affordable, I would like to be able return the car to stock easily for resale later and it can't make the car undrivable for my wife.

What I am looking for are your opinions of my planned purchase and install/tuning. I am looking at the NX Viper system with the GENX-2 kit along with the NX TPS WOT sensor, an MSD window switch (the 8969 look like it works on the viper out of the box), and possibly a remote opener. I want to set it up for a 150 shot.

I plan to do the install myself and take it to the dyno for tuning. My orignial hope was to go to VOS in New York, but I believe I read in a post that he is closing shop. I know that tuning is critical and don't want to blow anything up on my first NOS install. Is there anything besides changing jets and setting window switch RPM's that I need to "setup" such as fuel regulators, etc. I have a good feel for what the A/F curve should look like and I assune you just change nozzels to get it right since I won't have a VEC or anything.

As a backup device, what are your recommdations for a wideband A/F meter that will shut the nitrous off in the event of a lean condition. Are they good insurance, or is it just a neat gauge to add to your dash?

I appologize for asking so many questions on my first post, but after reading all the nitrous/paxton realted posts, I still have a slightly uneasy feeling about the making this change.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a NX kit for my Gen 2...Never installed it knowing I would never have been happy with a 90 second rush...I want the power there any time and not have to worry about running out of HP...Ya more money but I love the power when I need it...Get the blower and remember..."A luxury once sampled becomes a necessity"...Al... :) :)

OP
OP
V

ViperPilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know that the I would enjoy the Paxton more, but I have convinced myself that it's not going to be six times better for me, which is the approximate price difference. I would also feel better with my wife driving with the juice off, the blower doesn't have an off switch.

To answer ViperD, I would like an additional 30% or 150 at the crank. More would be nice, but I don't want to worry about a failure at high speeds.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
here is some inspiration for you

6400viper_d_no_bull_dyno_sheet_674-med.jpg

and its for sale ;)

vd..