New Viper

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got a good look at the new Gen V today, while at my dealer. They had 2 of them. All i can say is my thought process has changed on the car. It looked fantastic, especially Black with a silver stripe. Both cars were GTS and over sticker, but i didn't even bother asking.
I would not buy from these guys anyway. I need to start a new Viper fund. Again my negetive thoughts have changed.

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
lmao, so many far under MSRP now I can't imagine how any dealer is marking them up still.
Exactly what i mumbled at one of the salesmen there. He just shrugged and said ' no kidding. I dont think they have a clue to be honest with you. They do have a SRT tech in back that works on my jeep. But i would not consider this dealer that knowledgable about the car.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cars do look much better in person, than in photos. You don't get the sense of how low and how wide the cars are, in photos. The Gen 5 appears much wider than my Gen 3, when parked next to each other. The hood line is lower, and wider, and the front fenders flare out a bit more.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cars do look much better in person, than in photos. You don't get the sense of how low and how wide the cars are, in photos. The Gen 5 appears much wider than my Gen 3, when parked next to each other. The hood line is lower, and wider, and the front fenders flare out a bit more.
I have to agree, photos don't do the Gen V justice.

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now i need to figure out how to buy one. This cpuld take a while, but im already itching after todays look.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is just outrageous in person. I don't get all the negativity. I mean sure... When Dodge caught everybody sleeping back in the 90's and created a car so over the top for it's time they set a very high bar. People need to move past that now that the other guys woke up and they just need to realize that it's a game of leap frog again and it's been that way for a while. I love all sorts of cars but this new Viper is just incredible and it will keep getting better:2tu:

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is just outrageous in person. I don't get all the negativity. I mean sure... When Dodge caught everybody sleeping back in the 90's and created a car so over the top for it's time they set a very high bar. People need to move past that now that the other guys woke up and they just need to realize that it's a game of leap frog again and it's been that way for a while. I love all sorts of cars but this new Viper is just incredible and it will keep getting better:2tu:

Not if the factory workers are still smoking crack on their lunch breaks....

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Look, there's absolutely no argument...the car has always been incredible. That's been a proven fact for years, everyone kinda puts the Viper on a pedestal for something, regardless if they like it or not.

You really wanna know why so much negativity? (Besides the ridiculous amount of bad press)

Fact is, in the last decade cars have really become less and less attractive. If it's not obvious, look at 'The Land of Beige'. Mostly, I put the blame on Toyota and Audi. Cars have become ALOT more bland and average. Most new cars look like rolling fish, Any Lexus looks like Predator, The Corvette has a retainer stuck in it's fascia, and I'm not sure how Acura's breathe. Photography in the industry has become alot different too. I have BARELY changed my style that much in the last ten years. Preferably, I like to shoot cars in a natural state. Not photoshopped in a different landscape with high saturation.

Cars from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's, those cars were on bedroom walls. Those are the cars we loved, adored, stared at for hours and freaked out when we saw them on the road. Those are the cars we played in video games, spotted in our favorite TV shows, became the hero and even played actors, actresses and stand-in's in our favorite movies. Those cars made you excited, left you with a grin on your face from ear-to-ear if you got to drive it or even own it. The mechanics, the gears, the way the motor started up with the turn of a key, those cars had souls. They require your immediate attention, they kept your focus and never made the drive dull.

The cars of today, we just don't appreciate them that way. They get you from point A to point B and that's all people seem to care about.

--RS

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look, there's absolutely no argument...the car has always been incredible. That's been a proven fact for years, everyone kinda puts the Viper on a pedestal for something, regardless if they like it or not.

You really wanna know why so much negativity? (Besides the ridiculous amount of bad press)

Fact is, in the last decade cars have really become less and less attractive. If it's not obvious, look at 'The Land of Beige'. Mostly, I put the blame on Toyota and Audi. Cars have become ALOT more bland and average. Most new cars look like rolling fish, Any Lexus looks like Predator, The Corvette has a retainer stuck in it's fascia, and I'm not sure how Acura's breathe. Photography in the industry has become alot different too. I have BARELY changed my style that much in the last ten years. Preferably, I like to shoot cars in a natural state. Not photoshopped in a different landscape with high saturation.

Cars from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's, those cars were on bedroom walls. Those are the cars we loved, adored, stared at for hours and freaked out when we saw them on the road. Those are the cars we played in video games, spotted in our favorite TV shows, became the hero and even played actors, actresses and stand-in's in our favorite movies. Those cars made you excited, left you with a grin on your face from ear-to-ear if you got to drive it or even own it. The mechanics, the gears, the way the motor started up with the turn of a key, those cars had souls. They require your immediate attention, they kept your focus and never made the drive dull.

The cars of today, we just don't appreciate them that way. They get you from point A to point B and that's all people seem to care about.

--RS

Excellent post. I refer to those types of cars as "Commuting Appliances". The people that buy them have no interest in cars. I'd disagree about Audi, at least in the last few years. The 80-90s Audi were definitely meh.

I still own some classic musclecars, they DO have more soul than the new cars. I still feel more attached to my classic cars.

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

--RS

Indeed. Great post. Althought I'm thinking of getting an Audi as a DD. =D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang