New Year and New Officers!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Recently Randy and Debbie Cade’s extended term as officers of the Carolinas Viper Club ended. On behalf of the club membership, we would like to thank Randy and Debbie for their hard work. We look forward to their continued participation in future club events!

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Now, the mantle has been passed on to us, your new club officers, Reggie Bennett (President/Secretary) and John Slaughter (VP/Treasurer). For those who don’t know us, here’s a little about each of us.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Reggie Bennett, President:[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]I have been an official “car nut” all my life, starting with a 1963 Jaguar XKE that my brother and I bought in high school. (It actually started most of the time but you always parked on a hill just in case). I got my first Viper in 1999, a '95 Black RT/10 with tan interior. I had a great time with it, especially at car shows, autocrosses and running laps at VIR. I sold it in 2006 and was Viperless for a while. I bought my second Viper, a 1996 Blue/White GTS which has the "Official Pace Car" sticker on the side. I have been active in the Carolinas Viper Club since 2000 and have learned a lot from the “mainstays” of the club….Janni and Henry Cone, Randy and Debbie Cade, and Stuart Goldblatt.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]John Slaughter, Vice President:[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]I got my first Viper in 2001, a 1998 Silver RT/10, and became a VCA club member directly thereafter. At the end of 2005, I bought another Viper, a 2005 Silver SRT-10. Since buying the '98, the Viper has been my daily driver and I put 80,000 miles(!) on the ‘98 in 5 years before selling it in 2006. Now the '05 is my daily driver and sometime next year I will have put over 100,000 miles on Vipers![/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Club Events:[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Now that you know a little about us, it’s probably good for us to say a bit about what you care about – club events! We are planning to have several get-togethers at various locations within our region. They will be around mid-March. This will get the ball rolling by having a casual dinner together and start off the new year with some fun! We’ll be contacting everyone soon and based on the results, set up a few locations to hopefully get out as many members as possible. We are looking to schedule other events as well including autocross, dyno days, cruise-ins but are confirming dates for events already scheduled (e.g., Viper Days, AutoFair at Lowe's, etc.) in order to avoid conflicts. We will provide more details on those in the near future. Also, if anyone has a particular suggestion for an event, please let us know![/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]The Club Online:[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Reggie has been hard at work on a website for the club - www.carolinasviperclub.org. Please review the site and see if you have any suggestions. Also, we need each member to email a picture to Reggie of his/her car (hopefully with you in the picture) for posting in the "Member’s Rides" section. We also need information from each member to post in the "Member’s Directory" (password protected). The information needed includes: Spouse’s name, Children, Graduate of, Employer and Occupation. Keep in mind that this section can only be accessed by the members password: ncsc but we understand if you are uncomfortable with providing this information. We just wanted it to learn more about you and to see if the members had more in common than Vipers....like where they graduated.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]The site will serve as a central location for information about regional events of interest to club members, including club events, local car shows, Viper Days, and hopefully, Viper Owners Invitational #10. Also, the site has many links to Viper merchandise, driving schools, local tracks, other regional Viper clubs and, of course, to the national VCA site. The national VCA site has a discussion forum set up for our club – so please come to the forum and post anything of interest to fellow members![/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me here![/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh