Nitrous experts, enter.....

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking about going the nitrous route to get my power fix. The last time I used nitrous was several years ago on a '02 Z06. I used a dry kit that was hard to tune. I never had any major issues, other than having to run pig rich on the street. This time around, I'm going to go with a wet kit. For you nitrous experts, I have a few questions.

What are some good kits out there? I have a line on a NX plate system, so I'm guessing the GEN X or GEN X-2 kit would be fine?
How big of a shot would be ideal? I'm not wanting to push the envelope, but I also don't want to come up short on power.
Any extra features I should be aware of or should look at adding on?

Thanks! :2tu:

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a fan of the plate type but then again I've never used it. NX's shark nozzles has always worked good for me. IMO NX is the best out there for Viper (especially for the money) and better yet no tune is needed if you keep it below a 200 shot. A 200 is very safe on a V10. I strongly recommend you use a FJO (or similar) progressive controller - You can then program it for when (RPM specified) and how much (pulsate solenoids) you want it to come in at. Example: You can have a 200 shot (pills) in your set up but yet have only a 100 shot (solenoids pulsate) come in @ 3000rpm and ramp it all in 100% by around 4500rpm and up to a specified rpm limit like 5800 (also acts like a cut off in case you miss a shift). That's my street set up. You can feel the power come on gradually - almost like boost. I think it's much easier on your drivetrain also. I know a little about that too. I've broken a 1000hp Unitrax halfshaft but then again I cut mid 1.40 60' times. That's good considering how heavy Vipers are. You see a FJO sees RPM's and TPS signal so it will shut off when you let off the throttle rather than a window switch (which see's a certain RPM range). Anyway I've had over 50 bottle fills and not one problem with the system or any damage to the car. I run heaters and remote openers on 2 10lb botlles - a few pics

DSC04712.JPG

P4270163-1.jpg

OP
OP
C

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! This is exactly the info I'm looking for. Who did your bottles? Looks nice! Also, where did you get the bottle bracket? I also plan on a dual bottle set up, and definitely do not prefer the basic clamp styles that come with the setup.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have to agree with the NX kit being excellent for the viper. Been running it with a 200 shot on my built 95 for 8 years now with no issues. The jetting is the perfect amount of fuel and N2O for a safe mix, maybe a little rich but safe.
Do the wet kit and make sure you do the bottle heater.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NX WET
bottle heaters
im not a fan of bottle openers, they have a tendency to hang or not open fully.
powdercoat the bottles
i would NEVER run nitrous or ANY boost without a good,solid tune first. regardless of the size of the shot.
running a wideband is not a bad idea.
some guys like the fuel pressure shutoff switch but i never used one.

i used a vec2 as my WOT, rpm window switch. it worked great for me.

do a search for nitrous, there are a ton of threads on it. listen to what jackB says and lauri (redenuff)

OP
OP
C

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The WON site was a great read. They didn't have any V10 kits, and their generic fuel injected kit is good for up to 150hp. I'll be doing a lot of research over the next month or so. Once I pull the plug, it will definitely be tuned prior to any track runs.

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The WON site was a great read. They didn't have any V10 kits, and their generic fuel injected kit is good for up to 150hp. I'll be doing a lot of research over the next month or so. Once I pull the plug, it will definitely be tuned prior to any track runs.

Call or email and they will give you a quote on what you need. they do custom setups and they have done vipers.

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! This is exactly the info I'm looking for. Who did your bottles? Looks nice! Also, where did you get the bottle bracket? I also plan on a dual bottle set up, and definitely do not prefer the basic clamp styles that come with the setup.

My Bottle Brackets are From Chris Alston's Chassisworks

15-degree dual rack

Here's a link

Chris Alston's Chassisworks

The clamps they come with are cheap. I run 2 bottles for both the volume and it's best to have the bottles to face forward and not sideways.

Oh and I didn't paint my bottles I just took the NX stickers off when they were brand new and applied my own decals. IMO there's no use to spend that much money on pretty

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One more thing I rely on alot - that's knowing my NOS pressure. I know what I got and how much at all times. I also modified my openers and they work flawless. But it helps knowing when they're open (gauge) and when they're closed. If you lay on the openers (closing them - not knowing they're closed) they will jam - but you're not shutting off a leaking water faucet. My entire system is NX (except the FJO)

You must be registered for see images

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree on the bottle openers, although I would like to run my two bottles in series if possible so when one runs out I can switch to the other. But what plugs are you guys using ? I've been using NGK, any thoughts ?

OP
OP
C

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish he knew websites. His is down..... :(

He must've read my post. :D Working fine now.

EDIT: OK, I'm an idiot. He's got a message on the front page of his website warning about possible errors due to the website upgrade. Looks like I'm the tool.... :bonker: