No Negative Comments? You're dreamin!

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Negative Comments? You\'re dreamin!

Everyone,
I am only addressing the issue surrounding negative comments on the SRT. This has grown to be a very contraversal topic. Why should we stop saying that we dont like the SRT? No one said this is a SRT likers section. We even let crap talking troll supra owners on our Gen I/II section. Now, if there is a huge follwing of so-called whiners, that should be a huge hint to DC that they made a mistake. They should have never used a corolla designer for our icon. The person who put him in his postion should be FIRED. The designer should be working in a different product line.
For the handful of people who like the SRT, it seems that they are a minority around here. Why should we all keep quiet because they want to fool themselves that everyone likes the new "thing". No way. No gag rules around here. That is ridiculous. This is a discussion forum on the SRT. There will always be a huge portion of us who dont like the car. DEAL WITH IT. If DC did the design right to begin with, we wouldnt have this problem. Yes, it is the design of what DC is moving towards, but we dont have to like it. Moreover, we dont have to be quiet about not liking it. It isnt going to grow on me. It isnt going to grow on a lot of people. Im not resisant to change. I am just resistant to bland ugly styling.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: No Negative Comments? You\'re dreamin!

It just sux that the REAL Viper is gone. Follow Porsche's lead. Improve the car but keep the body the same. They went forever with the 911 look.

I have never considered selling my car until I saw the new Viper. What a shame. If I leave Viper, I may just return to Ferrari and be happy.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Smoke, I hate to say this, but to some extent I feel that everyone must let DC know how they feel. Where I disagree is in some of the tactics. I have worked with the DC people for many years now, and being honest is something they KNOW the Viper Nation is going to do. However, being ignorant or flaming people for their personal choice is not something they have come to expect from our group. People have logged complaints in the past on this very site and that has directly effected future versions of Viper. I you like it great, if you dislike it great. Make your point and move on. By continually attacking the people who like it and the people who make it, how well do you think your opinion will be actually taken? In all actuality instead of helping your cause you are actually getting them to not take you seriously. Right now you appear to be someone who likes to type negative things rather than someone who actually cares.

If you are hear to improve Viper then do it! The only way improvement is made is to talk about it. Fighting only gets one winner, discussions let EVERYONE win!

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thats why they call it an opinion I guess. I thought the 911 was in major need of a redesign 10 years ago, but they still churn em out, and sell em, and they look the same as they did 30 years ago, so maybe you are right, but I disagree totally, whenever I see someone with a new carerra, I laugh inside, oh well!

Yes (smokin, badgts, et al), you have a right to voice your obviously negative opinions about my car, however rude it might be. I certainly don't even go to an aztec owner and tell him he has the ugliest car ever made, I certainly think it (and post it semi-anonymously on a viper thread), but I would never say it to someone who made that choice in buying it, but keep it up guys, we'll all be seeing each other at VOI, and if you wanna be known as the "vocal dude who hates the 03, and thinks everyone who bought one a *****" despite the fact that there will be about 1000 03 owners there, you go right ahead.

Hopefully someone will have the guts to say you-guys' clothes are lame, your watch the ugliest watch of all time, and your shoes are made for clowns (that won't be ME of course) but I will have a good laugh at if it happens.

OP
OP
S

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Steve,
The flamagrams between Mike Brunton and I have stopped. However, none of my posts were aimed at particular individuals or groups of individuals. This is a case of hippocracy. Steve, Mike, and all SRT lovers feel the need to state their love of the new car,...endlessly. Yet somehow it is wrong to state the opposite? Your opinions are more important than ours? If DC wants us to stop, this is their website. They can enforce it. Like I said, put a gag order on this site. Lets see how Vipernation reacts to that.

OP
OP
S

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When did I say "those who who buy the SRT are morons". When I make my negatively opinionated posts about the SRT, they are not aimed at the owners. They are making statements about the SRT in the SRT forum. I would not tell an Aztec owner that his car is ugly. But I would go on an Aztec Forum and post numerous posts about the ugliness of the car. Most here would. I believe that you guys just dont like the fact that we dont like the car. Well, its a fact of life that you are going to live with. No worries, at the rate DC is going, many of the same negative posters here will be over at the GT40 camp in a couple of years.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Excuse me? The minority? You guys really don't get it! 1000 orders placed, ALL BY CURRENT VIPER OWNERS. You guys are the minority! There are just very few of us willing to debate you any more because it's pointless. You aren't gonna change your opinion and the 1000 of us ain't gonna cancel our orders. What you fail to notice is how few of you who are complainng are acually Viper owners. The rest, with rare exception, Mako being a good example of an exception, not an owner, but with a serious car and here to talk intelligently, are simply trolls, with no interest in anything other thatn seeing how well they can smack the guys who have bought one, even if they are a teenager driving a volvo. There have been some really good comments and discussions by Trey and Jon, you guys know who you are, but the tone from a couple of you lately is really getting confrontational. Please remember as you write that WE ALL OWN THE SAME CAR RIGHT NOW, most of us have no intention of selling that car.And for the record I'm not calling smokin or 1bad trolls, I'm assuming you guys are owners.

OP
OP
S

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1bad, there is this saying that explains this phenomena that some are doing when they think the SRT is going to be a legend. Its called a bad case of blowing shunshine up their a$$'s.

OP
OP
S

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Leeblack,
I can blow something out of my *** , but I can guarantee its not as ugly as an SRT!
laugh.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187