No Question, SOLD OUT:

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there was ever any doubt, well here ya go (they arrived Friday):

SOLD OUT:

DSC02500.JPG

When I first got the call from ASC asking me to promote the sale of the ASC Mclaren Diamondback show car in early January, I thought "Wow, this is like the coolest Viper ever made". We talked for a while and I asked them why they did not just put it in Barrett Jackson or some high-line auction, well to make a long story short, they missed the dates and the car needed to go. When they told me the price, I was amazed. I asked again, and he gave me the same price. I then asked him if it would be possible to take a look at the car as I felt it would be a perfect car for the VCA to raffle, and since the National officers were in town, the timing would be perfect, he said "No Problem."

I brought up the possibility to Bob during the next break in the Presidents meeting, and he raised the question to those present when the meeting resumed, most seemed to be open to the Diamondback as a potential raffle Viper. Saturday, I made a bunch of calls to the folks at ASC, Bob and Chris.... and the ASC rep, and the Diamondback's designer were kind enough to meet Chris, Dave Neager and myself at there facility on a Saturday night (talk about dedicated ASC employees). It took about ten seconds to know the car would be a perfect raffle car, It's presence is amazing, Chris said it the best (to paraphrase him) "The car is absolutely unbelievable in person, pictures do not do it justice" (and Chris takes some pretty nice pictures). I was glad Chris was able to get the car through the process and the deal done, it really is the perfect VCA Raffle Viper.

Last edited: