OK, some positive comments.

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got the new Car & Driver myself and I think the SRT looks great in every single picture. This amazed me, as I've found it not to be terribly photogenic. From the cover shot to the story pics, the cockpit looks great, the engine looks kewl, and the car to me looks hot. I'm not sure why these pics look so much better to me than earlier ones, but they do. I was disappointed with the numbers they quote for performance, listing a 115mph trap speed has got to be off by 5 mph, pleez.

This is the first coverage though that got my "psyched", sweet, sweet, and sweet. (I just hope those perf #'s are wrong).

Dave.

OK, proceed to call me crazy now (LOL)

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those #'s are wrong. Why would DC go to all the trouble of redesigning the engine and get only 50hp more....A set of smooth tubes, K&N's, and headers would do more than that. THEY ARE BEING CONSERVATIVE. Motor Trend said they expect better when they actually test a real car. This was a prototype / test mule. Besides, the lag time of the major car rags from test to newsstand is about 6-8 weeks, so this doesn't 100% represent what will be built on the line months from now. Do you thing they let C&D bolt up some test equipment, or do you thing they did the stop watch thing? (or sneaked in a G-force?)

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys--If it's the same car Automobile tested, THEY said the fuel cut off in the test car was intentionally low--5800 rpm! That's the FUEL cutoff--to get a good run, you cannot hit that, so you have to shift even earlier.

The production fuel cutoff will be 6100, with redline at 6000, like before.

Please don't be scared off by these very preliminary times.

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh--one other thing--Automobile made a point to mention that they didn't really sort out how to get a good launch. LOL!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187