Our new 1996 Viper RT/10 Black with Silver Stripes

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well you guys and gals know the story on our trade a couple of weeks ago so I thought I would post some pictures of our new (old) 1996 Viper RT/10 since it is a nice day in Colorado and car will be mini-hibernating next week with snow each and every day expected. Enjoy:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And a few more:

And the Chrome Yellow 1969 Mustang Mach 1 (my first car) is what we traded straight across for the Viper. Last picture of it next to the Saleen BASF Mystic Edition Speedster:

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway, a nice car and will be fixing the broken dash pieces (bottom left side by driver's knee) and doing something with the stereo as it looks "kiddy". At this point anything I do with it is much better than I got it to start with. And yes it has different tires at the back. Three are original Michelin Pilot SX tires and one is a Pilot Sport. Previous owner said they had a flat and could not buy the old SX tires so they just put on a Pilot Sport. That is okay as I have a completely refurbished set of 01' ACR BBS rims and new Pilot Sport PS2 tires that are going on the car in a few weeks. That should really spruce it up for looks. Car runs great and very strong but will completely go through it and change every single fluid, all filters, new brakes, new spark plugs, maybe new spark plug wires and toying with just putting in a Fidanza lightweight flywheel and 3.73 rear gears to give it a bit more responsiveness. Beyond that, just fixing the little things and going to drive it a lot. Hopefully a lot more than my 06' Coupe the 6 years we had it.

Last edited:

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man... I had a 1996 Mystic Cobra coupe, still have a 1969 Mach 1 (that we have had for 20 years).... had a Black/Silver 1996 RT.......and still have a 2006 SRT-10 GTS blue roadster........ you trying to steal my identity? What engine was in the Mach?

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a little 351W in the Mach 1. The 1995 Saleen S351R Speedster was the very first Mystic done by BASF before Ford adopted a toned down version for the 1996 Mystic Cobras. Sounds like we are stealing each other's identity. Firsts for you and firsts for me. In the end, still a fair deal for all involved.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I met a guy at Katie's C&C today in NOVA who would love to see your 'new' '96!!..... He had the same year and color combo and it was DD!! (it almost hurts to say);.... Cool Collectable!! ... A great car covered with water splashes and dirt but a gem underneath!!

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the Viper! Love that Saleen as well! I am on the hunt for a 99 S-351 vert. Nice cars and lots of potential for making some serious power.

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! The BASF Mystic Edition S351R Speedster is rocking a 408 completely forged internals with straight gear cut Vortech pushing 12 lbs and Snow Boost Methanol Injection controlled by a Moates Chip. Dyno'd at 579 rwhp and 641 rwlbs on a 91 degF day and at over 6,000 ft altitude. She is a monster and very fun. Very, very rare and collectible car. Offers all the time on that one but just shy of my "let it go price" which is a little ways in the 6 figures territory. The offers are still in the 6 figures, just not quite there. In absolutely no hurry to sell it and have owned it for over 11 years now.Glad to be back in a Viper as well and really happy with this one. Other than some little interior things here or there, it is in mint condition., especially mechanically and body. Just an all around great car.

Photo pro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Batmobile!!! That's what my kids call mine. I have your cars twin. According to publications, there were only 243 black RT-10 vipers produced in 1996. Welcome to a very small club within a club.

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I just went off the International Viper Registry for the 721 and 231 numbers!

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coloviper's BASF Saleen S-351 was a highly promoted vehicle when built and the subject of a poster that I have in my garage. I bought new the only Saleen Cobra S-281 mystichrome speedster built.

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cobraken thanks! You need to call Roger and get that 04' back. It just sits there at AE and cries to be driven now. Also none of his pictures show that shorter 20th Anniversary Speedster cover. Did it get lost along the way?

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cover was on it when shipped so he has it somewhere. I know, sometimes I look at it sitting there at his place and think she looks lonely. With the independent suspension tuned by Saleen she is also an amazing ride.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was the Saleen a raffle car? I also have the poster of your car and absolutely love it. I picked up a Mystic Cobra in 1998 with 1,600 miles on it, and now it's sitting at 4,013.

herbbone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very nice. I am a bit jealous of some of the roads and passes you have. Stay safe, but let me know if you ever take it on the Red Mountain Pass and how it was.
Mark

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, the 1995 Mystic Edition Speedster was raffled off in a North America Sweepstakes by BASF in early 1996. It was the "Horse of a Different Color" sweepstakes car. I did not win it at the time, as that would have been a lot cheaper in the long run. Love it! Love the Viper too! I will let you know about the Red Mountain Pass as well.

Fangs10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say that is an outstanding car along with the color combo!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks great. love the gen1 and would buy one with some wheels and a gen2 hood on it. love them that way

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21