Pearson Dodge on list

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to local news Pearson on Midlo is on list. I am amazed. At one time they were the number 1 dealer in state. They also have one of the best Viper techs on the east coast --Tim Harper who I have been going to for 15 years. If this is true. it is awful

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made a comment on the post in the General Viper Discussion, they have been planning on fazing out stand alone dealerships for a few years now, regardless of sales status.

They are several closing around me as well. Even the dealership where I bought my Viper from new 7 years ago....

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
According to local news Pearson on Midlo is on list. I am amazed. At one time they were the number 1 dealer in state. They also have one of the best Viper techs on the east coast --Tim Harper who I have been going to for 15 years. If this is true. it is awful

I was at Pearson today and found out that the facility will remain open but not as a Dodge dealership. I asked if they would still be able to do warrantee work and they didn’t know the answer to that yet. Also Tim Harper will continue to work at Pearson.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at Pearson today and found out that the facility will remain open but not as a Dodge dealership. I asked if they would still be able to do warrantee work and they didn’t know the answer to that yet. Also Tim Harper will continue to work at Pearson.

Is Tim possibly being transferred to the new Pearson at Parham and Broad now that they have Chrysler Dodge and Jeep all under one roof? If so, that puts him closer to me!

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Howard--he may or may not. Stay tuned.

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was at Pearson on Friday and talked with Ross Simmons, service advisor for Vipers, about their status. Pearson is now a used car dealer with a repair shop. They are moving their new cars and trucks to their dealership on the northside. Tim Harper, the Viper tech, will remain onboard. Tim will continue to work on Vipers however they will not be able to do any warrantee work since they are no longer a Dodge dealer. The Dodge franchise will move down the street to Whitten. I have had bad experiences with Whitten so I’m going take my new car business north of the James River since Whitten will be the only Dodge dealer south of the river.

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howard:

As I mentioned, I have talked to Tim several times recently. It is all still up in the air. I doubt he will stay at the Southside used car location. They have no Viper tech north of the river, and it is logical that he may end up there. The plus side of that move is he will still do work under warranty.

I was spoiled--he was a mile from my house. If he moves it will be 30 -40 minutes depending on traffic. There is always the possibilty he goes to Whitten ands they would like to have him. But he is loyal to Pearson where he has been over 20 years.

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is officially unofficial that Tim will be the Viper tech at Pearson's shop at Parham and Broad once several bays are completed and floors are finished. It may happen by next month. This is great news for those needing warranty work since Tim is one of the very best.

Longer drive for me but better than the alternative.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually spoke to someone last night and he said that Tim is at the Parham location now, but not on a full-time basis. I'm sure if you were to ask right now they could set you up with an appointment with him while he's there.

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually spoke to someone last night and he said that Tim is at the Parham location now, but not on a full-time basis. I'm sure if you were to ask right now they could set you up with an appointment with him while he's there.

Not there yet. They moved a couple but are waiting to move Tim. Still have some floors to p our etc