Powder coated wheels and silver tape stripe

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Trying again.Vipermad,please fix the pics.Ok,the wheels are powdercoated black with a clear on top.Before I catch grief on the stickers,a graphic guy put the stripes on free of charge if he could do a decal package that I would show for him this weekend.They come right off!!No ricer here,just a good deal for me.The stripe had to be done like that on the front facia because of the bends and lines.Be patient,the pics will be fixed I hope.

viper585a.jpg

viper585b.jpg

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Overall the look (sans decals - sorry just had to say it) is awesome. Makes it look mean.

The stripe looks real good, except in the grill opening area. Not sure how else to do it though other than to end it in a point above the grill similar to the 96 RT/10. Just a thought.

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I tried that first.It didnt look right.AS I said in my post,the stickers enabled me to get a free stripe,and help a friend.I guess no ones reading. Let me try again.The stickers were temporary,and not even on the car anymore.I wanted to show the wheels and stripe.

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A good vinyl guy could have done the stripe through the front facia. Just takes a little time.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The parts in the grill could be added they would be seperate anyway. did you have any problems with the powder coating getting scratched when they remounted the tires, I am thinking of doing my wheels also? probably not quite as dark, more black chrome looking as I think it looks better with the silver.

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The parts in the grill could be added they would be seperate anyway. did you have any problems with the powder coating getting scratched when they remounted the tires, I am thinking of doing my wheels also? probably not quite as dark, more black chrome looking as I think it looks better with the silver.
The good thing about the tape is that I can make some changes.No problem at all with scratching or chipping on the remount.Powdercoating is extremely hard,thats why I opted for that as opposed to painting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang