problems with Viperware?

Jerry Horton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have any of you had problems with Viperware? I don't know if mine is an isolated case, but I am having the hardest time getting hold of them. I ordered something, they said it was on its way, nothing. Wrote to ask, no response. Called to ask, no response. Checked credit card bill, no charge. Tried to start over with ordering process, no response. I would really like those key blanks, but this seems like too much hassle.

Sam Vipeme Brasile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Learned my lesson from the St.Louis VOI 6. I hate to trash anybody's reputation, but go deal with somebody else. Took several months before we straightened everything out. Merchandise returned and money in my pocket, nothing but promises.

OP
OP
J

Jerry Horton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

Jon, I can understand a month or so, but 4 months? Shoot, give me the keys and the paint, and I'll do it myself. I guess I need to rally up some customers so I can get some key blanks.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered something from Viperware a few weeks ago and it came in a matter of days. It was not key blanks however. If I were you I get some key blanks off E-bay. I got 2 off E-bay for a very good price and there are always some on there.

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4 months? That nothing. Try 3 years. I ordered key blanks way back in 1999 and still do not have them. I just recently emailed them again.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THAT SAID, I'M NOT SURE IF I SHOULD TAKE A CHANCE WITH THEM.

JONB DO YOU CARRY CARGO COVERS BECAUSE I REALLY WNATED TO ORDER ONE.

cycloneGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
King GTS: For what its worth, I ordered the cargo cover and it was here (Dallas) within days (4 I believe). I'm also very satisfied with the quality. I think the issue there is the keys?

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cycloneGTS:
King GTS: For what its worth, I ordered the cargo cover and it was here (Dallas) within days (4 I believe). I'm also very satisfied with the quality. I think the issue there is the keys?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THANKS CYCLONEGTS, I'LL CALL THEM AND SEE WHAT THEY SAY.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In defense of Viperware.......

Assumption: Those keys are probably so LOW-PROFIT that I think they quietly choose to hand-paint them when a few orders pile up. Poor key-service is NOT their intent, but 'slow key service' is the rule. They are NOT dishonest about it !

However, they have excellent dash pads and cargo covers and other doo-dads, usually shipped fast. They never BILL and then hold the $$$........But KEYS are a slow-service situation.

My 2-cents.......

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've ordered a Cargo Cover last year and it arrived fast taking into account the way over the "pond".
I like my Cargo Cover! Thanks Jason.
BURNOUT.gif

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered and promptly recieved the RT/10 Trunk lid strut kit. I was greeted with a very friendly person who helped me with the order, etc...

However, re the issues Sam had and issues with Keys, the key (no pun intended) is communication.

I don't care if a part is a low-profit item, when its offered for sale, and a customer asks for it, they should be given a realistic timeframe...If problems arise (which is inevitable) then communicate them. Of course, a customer might be dissappointed if a part is not available that he/she wanted, but hey, if the vendor communicates status, that is all they can do.

It sounds easy after the fact, but timely, accurate info is the key usually.

Tomer

OP
OP
J

Jerry Horton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, Thanks for chiming in. I am glad you finally explained the situation. I just wish it would have been to me, personally. I would like to keep my order in, just let me know when they are ready to ship.